Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a call from a dealer I spoke to a week ago. He has a black EX-L NAV on his lot, ready to find a new owner. Somebody cancelled the order at the last moment. He said: MSRP, no forced options. I declined because I don't like the color. IMO black looks gorgeous, but only when sparkling clean and polished, and I am too lazy for that. So I remain on the waiting list for Silver with another dealer. If someone wants a PILOT right away call Tim Powell at Kelly Honda (in Salem, I think). 800-668-9818

Mind you: this is not a commercial. I have nothing to do with the dealer. Just trying to be helpful to some potential Piloteer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just called Tim. There was a lucky couple sitting at his desk who just bought it. He made shout "Congratulations" to them over the phone. Very touching!

·
Registered
373 Posts
There should be a blue EXL w/NAV also (maybe).
I ordered it there back in March (with deposit). I was told it would be their 1st Pilot.
When the Pilots started showing up at the end of May they had four or five in, none mine (They had called and told me mine would be in the next week). When I went there for more details they didn't even have a build date for it yet.
I was told they weren't making blue yet (Honda North had one on their lot, but presold). They only had (unsold) an optioned up Black EXL/NAV or a silver EX. I could buy either of these or I should plan on waiting 6 to 8 more weeks (but they weren't sure).
I spoke to a very unsympathetic Sales Manager and got my deposit back. His atitude was, If I didn't buy someone else would.
I didn't order one from Honda North because they wouldn't tell me if they were charging MSRP or higher. I would have to put down a deposit and they would let me know when they decided (currently they are charging MSRP).
I wound up with my Pilot from another dealer (I liked the cloth seats better, and since I had to start over anyway).

My point in telling you this (yes there was a point) is to make sure that if you ordered one there that you confirm they actually did order it unlike mine.
Good Luck, I love my Pilot.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have mine ordered at Honda North. I ordered it in Mid-June. I'm curious...BillR, when did you first try to order with Honda North? I walked in and placed an order for mine at MSRP with no problem. My Pilot is schedule to be here in Mid-Sept....just a little over 4 weeks away. I cant wait!!!!! :2:

·
Registered
373 Posts
I went there back in March.
I asked them if there would be any forced options and if the pricing would be at MSRP.
The sales woman said they hadn't decided on a pricing policy on the Pilot's yet. If I was serious I could give them a $500 refundable deposit and when they decided they would give me a call.

Back then Honda hadn't said anything about Pilot content.
I wanted an EXL w/NAV (assuming the seats were heated).
I won't have unheated leather ever again.

I went with Kelly at the referral of a friend (yes he still is).
They wouldn't be requiring add-ons and would be selling Pilots for MSRP. They also said any options I wanted would be at dealer cost.
My guess is they changed their mind somewhere along the way.

After I cancelled my order June first, I called Honda North to see what they had coming in (at MSRP). Based on their list at the time I would have gotten my Pilot last week.

I think you'll be fine with them (all the details are out now), just get your VIN number and build date confirmed.
That was my big mistake.

·
Registered
804 Posts
NAV tech questions

Not sure if I should start a new thread, but I've got the ears of the right people anyway...

How often are map updates are available? There are new streets and addresses here (SD, CA) often. Need to get there without asking, just to be cool, you know?

How much of the street maps are available at once? My Garmin GPS V only has about 3 or 4 counties at once. If I go to Vegas, I need to load it, but can't load some of the cities in between.

How quick is the routing calculations?

How effective are the routing calcs for quickest time and/or shortest distance?

Do you guys actually use the thing, or is it a snazzy little toy?

FYI: Dealer said that the $2000 NAV option turns out to be a $300 value with a one-year-old Odessey.

Thanks,
Ferdie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts