Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup my fellow Piloteers! I have a 98% stock 06' that I take care of to every crossed T and dotted 'i'.... More so than some of my other vehicles...because it gets put threw the ringer... overly taken care of because I take it threw the wickedess of off road parks to freeway and city racing (I cant believe the 4wheel independent works as good as it does with how much ground clearance comes stock... The next day will be a 3 light drag race in the rain... Where VTM4 lock comes in super handy in 1st and 2nd)
But!!! Ive had countless FAST AF HONDAS... So I naturally want to get a stroker kit, ported heads with turbo cams, better pistons with better rings and ring gap, fully tunable ecu, boost control, turbo timer etc, with a drag pak data logger, maybe 12lbs of boost, e85, 35-50 shot of NOS or Water/Methenol injection to cool down and dense the charge air going threw throttle body.... Has any1 mildly built+boosted a J series? And DRIVETRAIN UPGRADES needed? Its 4wd but i do want to lower it little, maybe 2-2.5"s for better stance on 17or 18x9.5-10.5"

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,135 Posts
Wait, what? You want to do this, to a Pilot? MMmmm, OK

Reactions: PHM

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Head over to V6P... the most performance we've seen on this forum is @volvofan and his J37 swap, but his struggles were mostly with wiring to control the true VTEC and make sure all of the electronics worked, boost and meth and NOS are all on a different level.

The VTM-4 system is tougher than your average crossover AWD system but I'm not sure it can handle 50 or 100% more torque...

Reactions: PHM and The Todd
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup. Im an performance and custom/purpose built vehicle designer and engineer. Been in school at Wyotec and a starter Community College for 7yrs and still going.... I love to make SeeperS! I had a 02' CRV with a with 82mm turbo on a stroked h22 to a h25 ... H2B built awd Bseries trans and transfer case 589awhp @ 8,200rpm. I have access to all cnc machines and a palithera of other odd tools...i think I can pull 750hp out of a j37 with multi-layer hard cylinder heads with ARP head fasteners
With hand made tunnel ram intake manifold and TB connector that has a meth or nos injection for sole purpose of cooling the charged air temp. I have a lot of the stuff built like the new and stronger 2018 GT350 Mustang Ford hubs and brakes with chromolly Nissan Titan BARE front drive lines on all 4 corners, cut splines by cnc, cnc and chromolly fully built trans with even the tranny gears+other trans components/clutch being 1 offs... Runs great RN without the M190 supercharger from a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with mild cams, dual valve springs, etc, when everything is switched over/swapped and Pilot is finished... I am expecting 650-700Awhp

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup. Im an performance and custom/purpose built vehicle designer and engineer. Been in school at Wyotec and a starter Community College for 7yrs and still going.... I love to make SeeperS! I had a 02' CRV with a with 82mm turbo on a stroked h22 to a h25 ... H2B built awd Bseries trans and transfer case 589awhp @ 8,200rpm. I have access to all cnc machines and a palithera of other odd tools...i think I can pull 750hp out of a j37 with multi-layer hard cylinder heads with ARP head fasteners
With hand made tunnel ram intake manifold and TB connector that has a meth or nos injection for sole purpose of cooling the charged air temp. I have a lot of the stuff built like the new and stronger 2018 GT350 Mustang Ford hubs and brakes with chromolly Nissan Titan BARE front drive lines on all 4 corners, cut splines by cnc, cnc and chromolly fully built trans with even the tranny gears+other trans components/clutch being 1 offs... Runs great RN without the M190 supercharger from a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with mild cams, dual valve springs, etc, when everything is switched over/swapped and Pilot is finished... I am expecting 650-700Awhp
#hellcat killer

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
351 Posts
Sup my fellow Piloteers! I have a 98% stock 06' that I take care of to every crossed T and dotted 'i'.... More so than some of my other vehicles...because it gets put threw the ringer... overly taken care of because I take it threw the wickedess of off road parks to freeway and city racing (I cant believe the 4wheel independent works as good as it does with how much ground clearance comes stock... The next day will be a 3 light drag race in the rain... Where VTM4 lock comes in super handy in 1st and 2nd)
But!!! Ive had countless FAST AF HONDAS... So I naturally want to get a stroker kit, ported heads with turbo cams, better pistons with better rings and ring gap, fully tunable ecu, boost control, turbo timer etc, with a drag pak data logger, maybe 12lbs of boost, e85, 35-50 shot of NOS or Water/Methenol injection to cool down and dense the charge air going threw throttle body.... Has any1 mildly built+boosted a J series? And DRIVETRAIN UPGRADES needed? Its 4wd but i do want to lower it little, maybe 2-2.5"s for better stance on 17or 18x9.5-10.5"
You do realize this is just a Pilot. Sleeper or not, it is a daily driver.
Do not waste your time.
Put the baby seats in the back, turn on sponge bob for the kids.
Do what you want, and I mean no offence, but get real.
Edit... I think you have to get out of Moms basement.
If you achieve your goal,,,, good on you. But I think you are a Troll

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot, 194,000 miles
287 Posts
Wait you’re talking about an 82mm turbo on a stroker at first and then at the end you talk about a supercharger and heads from a Grand Prix? How do you expect that to work?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,558 Posts
You want to build a sleeper, then get a 72 Dodge Charger RS. Find a 426 Hemi for it. Have the hemi blueprinted, stroked and bored. High performance pistons that will give you a 12.5:1 compression ratio. High Performance cams, lifters and valves. Edlebrock manifold and mount a pair of Carter #3447 AFB carbs. Chance 4 speed with overdrive transmission with a hurst shifter.

Mount twin front forced air induction scoops behind the grill, one on each side or in the lower air grill.

Cut the rear inner fender wells back two inches and install a short shaft rear end. Put OEM size 70's on the front and 50's on the rear. Full twin pipe exhaust with OEM mufflers. At the head flange install manual or electric exhaust cutouts so the exhaust is piped straight out when activated. Make sure to install heat deflection shields.

New sway bars and traction bars, & stiffer springs. If necessary drop the front end 1".

Then you will have a sleeper that looks like this.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Wow a lot of naysaying... personally I think it's cool and would love to see what you come up with!

Find a way to swap in a manual transmission too!

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Be sure to capture the moment on video when something goes BANG.
That's part of modding cars. Luckily when you have access to the tools the OP has, it's much more cost effective to fix and create parts.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I'm on the sidelines watching, listening, learning about the progress on these "super" Pilots whether turbo or Acura V6 infusions. These DIY experiments can benefit all of us so IMO its best to encourage these types of projects.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,558 Posts
While I am not trying to put a damper on the OP's enthusiasm, there is a reason you don't see a lot of tricked out, hopped up, Pilots, Outbacks, Highlanders, etc. Much of it has to do with the bones of the vehicle. Some vehicles naturally have the bones for high performance mods. Others you have to look deep and do a lot of work. Take the 60's VW Beatle. The little 40 hp air cooled 4 banger is not anyones idea of a motor to soup up. The 60's Beatle had one thing going for it, the trunk was in the front.

Cram in a Chevy short block V8 350 in the front trunk area and move the gas tank to the back and as it was pointed out in the Wizard of Oz, That is a horse of a different color.

If a Clydesdale was entered in the Kentucky Derby, would you bet on it. They are beautiful animals, large, strong and Majestic, but speedy they are not, no matter how much you work them or well you feed them.

And the Pilot is no Civic type R.

Now if the OP can figure out how to cram a short block V8 350 in the front, that I would like to see. Especially since it is possible to get 1000 HP out of a properly built supercharged 350 motor.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,748 Posts
You want to build a sleeper, then get a 72 Dodge Charger RS. Find a 426 Hemi for it. Have the hemi blueprinted, stroked and bored. High performance pistons that will give you a 12.5:1 compression ratio. High Performance cams, lifters and valves. Edlebrock manifold and mount a pair of Carter #3447 AFB carbs. Chance 4 speed with overdrive transmission with a hurst shifter.

Mount twin front forced air induction scoops behind the grill, one on each side or in the lower air grill.

Cut the rear inner fender wells back two inches and install a short shaft rear end. Put OEM size 70's on the front and 50's on the rear. Full twin pipe exhaust with OEM mufflers. At the head flange install manual or electric exhaust cutouts so the exhaust is piped straight out when activated. Make sure to install heat deflection shields.

New sway bars and traction bars, & stiffer springs. If necessary drop the front end 1".

Then you will have a sleeper that looks like this.

View attachment 142328
Look, @Daltongang posted a pic of his sleeper riding mower. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts