Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2005 Honda Pilot AWD and I’ve put a 2.5” lift kit on it. I go off roading all the time in it so I got the lift to keep the chassis from bottoming out. I was wondering if anyone has done a body lift to their Pilot and if it’s even possible? It’s my understanding that a body lift is possible on almost any vehicle with the right equipment but I want to know if that’s true. I have another question and this what the largest tire anyone has been able to fit on their 1st gen Pilot?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Hi, I have a 2005 Honda Pilot AWD and I’ve put a 2.5” lift kit on it. I go off roading all the time in it so I got the lift to keep the chassis from bottoming out. I was wondering if anyone has done a body lift to their Pilot and if it’s even possible? It’s my understanding that a body lift is possible on almost any vehicle with the right equipment but I want to know if that’s true. I have another question and this what the largest tire anyone has been able to fit on their 1st gen Pilot?
What kind of lift do you have? A suspension spacer lift? This is a unibody vehicle so there is no frame to "lift" the body off of. If you already have the suspension spacer lift your next step is a subframe drop (subframe spacer) lift, this pushes the subframes holding the front and rear suspension assemblies farther down so that you can get more lift while retaining angles that keep the drivetrain components happy.

As far as I know, your only option is to go custom with a SFD.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
With a proper lift kit and some inner fender trimming stuff some 31 x 10.5 in there. The myth about the Pilot body lift is no longer true. If you are off-roading your Pilot as you state skid plates for the critical 4WD areas are recommended.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts