Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a lot of complaints regarding the Pilot door handles being black in color, rather than body-colored. To be honest, I really didn't even notice it when I test drove a Tafetta White EX-L, but now that it was brought to my attention, I notice them.

I customized my Pilot on the Honda site, and my wife noticed that under the "Exterior Features" heading at the end of the list of standard features, on the right side, "Body-Colored Door Handles" was listed as a feature.

http://www.hondacars.com/myhonda/?name=0715200205105811283506324

I'm assuming that this is a goof-up since every picture of a Pilot that I've seen has black door handles. Probably like when you compare the Pilot to other vehicles and it says "6-Disc CD Changer" as standard!

Is there anyone out there that actually does have body-colored door handles?

Thanks! 46 days left (can't sleep at night)!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Just one more thing...

...that Honda probably deleted at the last minute to reduce cost and keep the distance from the MDX (chrome handles). For me, I actually prefer the black since every painted handle I've had has chipped, scratched or worn prematurely.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I wouldn't worry, knowing Honda they will offer it in either next year's version or the year after as a special edition. I think it is a way to distinguish different years and trim levels apart as they always do. I would even bet there will be chrome handles before it is all over in a Pilot SE:4:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts