Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I 2016 Elite Pilot and I have been trying to get a dvd to play and I cannot get past the first screen where it asks what language I want to watch it in. Does anyone have any tips for me? Im usually pretty good with this stuff but this has me stumped. I haven't ever used the player before and we bought the vehicle new. I replaced the batteries in the remote and that didnt help at all.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Which screen are you looking at (front one or rear one)? It does this for every disc you put in? Both DVDs and BluRays?

We have only used our RES a few times over the years and haven't had any issues. But, from what I can remember, once you put the disc in, you have to control it using the rear remote panel (detach from the overhead). I hope that you issue is that simple.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which screen are you looking at (front one or rear one)? It does this for every disc you put in? Both DVDs and BluRays?

We have only used our RES a few times over the years and haven't had any issues. But, from what I can remember, once you put the disc in, you have to control it using the rear remote panel (detach from the overhead). I hope that you issue is that simple.
Using the rear screen. I replaced the batteries in that remote. This happened with the DVD most reciently but if my memory serves me, the same happened when I put in a bluray. When we bought the pilot my daughter was young so we never tried it (should have), not I have 58k miles on the truck so if there are issues i doubt they will be covered. bummer

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'd try a few more discs and see if the problem repeats. Also, if you have one, a CD lens cleaner may help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts