Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! All. Does anyone know if the 2009 Pilot Touring is set up for playing Bluetooth Music from an android phone? Or any for that matter? I was able to successfully pair my Samsung galaxy note 10 but I still can't play music and can't do aux because no port on this phone. Thank you!

·
Registered
411 Posts
If you paired your phone to it, then it got bluetooth, and should be able to do music. Try going into phone settings for bluetooth, find Honda HandsFreeLink, and check its settings. Make sure both 'for calls' and 'for audio' are on. If that is not it, try completely removing the pairing - delete it from both the car and the phone. Then pair again and watch real careful for notifications on your phone - they can be easy to miss. It should ask you if you want to use the connection for audio.

If that is no good, see if someone with an older/different brand phone can connect and play music. Phone calls, audio stream, and controls are all different parts of the protocol, and somethings can go outdated with newer phones. I.e. when I still had factory audio in my 2013 EX, I could pair my Galaxy S8 and listen to music/do phone calls, but could not switch tracks from head unit/steering wheel, and it was not showing song info. From my wife's LG phone, everything worked fine. If it is not in the settings, and older phones do work, you could try getting an bluetooth adapter like this:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome to the forum. 2009's don't support Bluetooth audio streaming. I don't think they could stream audio until like 2013. Sorry. You could get an external BT adapter that plugs into the AUX port in the center cubby to stream audio via the AUX AUDIO selection on the stereo, but you won't be able to have your phone connected simultaneously via BT to both the car and the BT adapter. If you go looking for one of these, take note that some are battery powered and some need a 12v power source.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
1,908 Posts
Bluetooth music was not an option until the 2012's came out. Before that bluetooth was for hands free phone calls.

Simple solution, buy one of these: 3.5mm to USB-C Dongle

That way you can use the auxiliary jack AND plug it into power. Problems solved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts