Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ RES and my radio all of a sudden went black. The back up camera still works as well as the lane watch assist. None of the side buttons work so I can’t reset the radio. Does anyone know how to reset the radio without using the actual radio? I tried unplugging the battery, taking out fuses, And even hooking it up to a computer for diagnosing. Please share your ideas. I really don’t want to buy another radio.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have a 2016 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ RES and my radio all of a sudden went black. The back up camera still works as well as the lane watch assist. None of the side buttons work so I can’t reset the radio. Does anyone know how to reset the radio without using the actual radio? I tried unplugging the battery, taking out fuses, And even hooking it up to a computer for diagnosing. Please share your ideas. I really don’t want to buy another radio.
You can try getting a usb keyboard and press ctrl+ alt+ del and it should work hopefully. I laughed when I saw that for the first time but people are having success with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can try getting a usb keyboard and press ctrl+ alt+ del and it should work hopefully. I laughed when I saw that for the first time but people are having success with it.
It sounds hilarious! But I did try it and it didn’t work unfortunately.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Is it a Windows OS that's in these vehicle "infosystem" ?
What MENU comes up when CTRL+ALT+DELETE is pressed together ?... Format Drive ? Task Manager ? Switch User ?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Is it a Windows OS that's in these vehicle "infosystem" ?
What MENU comes up when CTRL+ALT+DELETE is pressed together ?... Format Drive ? Task Manager ? Switch User ?
It runs android, but somehow people were saying it fixed their blank screen. I think it just restarts the whole thing. Is your screen blank all the time or does it go blank when you drive? And are the gauges still on or are they off too?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It sounds hilarious! But I did try it and it didn’t work unfortunately.
It runs android, but somehow people were saying it fixed their blank screen. I think it just restarts the whole thing. Is your screen blank all the time or does it go blank when you drive? And are the gauges still on or are they off too?
The HondaLink screens comes on than it goes blank. Everything works except for my RES (rear entertainment system). I’m able to use my back up camera as well as my lane watch camera. The buttons that controls the radio from the steering wheel are also not functioning, but that’s because I can’t use the radio.

·
Registered
813 Posts
The HondaLink screens comes on than it goes blank. Everything works except for my RES (rear entertainment system). I’m able to use my back up camera as well as my lane watch camera. The buttons that controls the radio from the steering wheel are also not functioning, but that’s because I can’t use the radio.
Your issue seems different from what other people have, but maybe the keyboard will fix it. If you have a usb keyboard laying around, it doesn’t hurt to try. If not then unfortunately you’ll have to take it to the dealer unless someone else has a way to fix it.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,267 Posts
Post #3, keyboard tried and failed.

Cfana1991, by chance did you do and upgrade recently to system? I know it is a long shot, but when I had my 2013 after an update I put on I started getting a problem with the screen going black, with vertical white lines. Back up camera worked and then when back to that screen. I could clear it by turning off the vehicle and restarting it. Long story short, my Honda dealer cleared the programing and re-installed the programing along with the latest updates and it was fine. The only thing we could figure out was a glitch occurred when the update was either downloaded or while installing for I never had a problem again. Just a though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts