Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

161 - 178 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Looks nice! I like the black trim on the front grill and want to remove my chrome one from my Touring.

What did you use for the door handles?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks nice! I like the black trim on the front grill and want to remove my chrome one from my Touring.

Thanks! The door trim and handles were too tricky for me to plasti dip so I had then wrapped in 3M satin black vinyl.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I will have to check with a few local tint places to see if they could do the door handles for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I found some plastic door-handle covers on ebay, piano black, sticky tape inside - they're working really well.

I'm in NW Oregon, another person was in 96* & ran it thru the car wash & they were fine. Not too expensive, either. I don't have any close pics atm - just look like regular black door-handles now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I found some plastic door-handle covers on ebay, piano black, sticky tape inside - they're working really well.

I'm in NW Oregon, another person was in 96* & ran it thru the car wash & they were fine. Not too expensive, either. I don't have any close pics atm - just look like regular black door-handles now.

Awesome I'll keep it in mind if the vinyl doesn't hold up!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thank you, Silverwolfe. I had seen these handles mentioned in a different post before, but no further information of what they were or where to buy them. I will look into them further.

·
Registered
59 Posts
blacked the roof rails
Did you take the roof rail covers off to blacken them?
Does anyone else have any advice about taking off the covers & putting them back on?

From what I can find out, they pop on (14 snaps) & one screw. To remove them after screw removed, do they just (carefully) pop off w/o breaking, then pop back on? Or do I need to get extra 'snaps' in case some break?

Hoping the covers easily pop off & back on, to change the color of mine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did you take the roof rail covers off to blacken them?
Does anyone else have any advice about taking off the covers & putting them back on?

From what I can find out, they pop on (14 snaps) & one screw. To remove them after screw removed, do they just (carefully) pop off w/o breaking, then pop back on? Or do I need to get extra 'snaps' in case some break?

Hoping the covers easily pop off & back on, to change the color of mine.
Sorry I just saw this! Yes, they pop right off and on once the one screw is removed. I just set em up on a 2x4 to spray them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
they pop right off and on
Suweet, thanks so much for your response, your timing is perfect. I was just going to order the black rail covers, it would be much cheaper to just paint them!! What did you spray them with, and did you prep them before spraying?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Suweet, thanks so much for your response, your timing is perfect. I was just going to order the black rail covers, it would be much cheaper to just paint them!! What did you spray them with, and did you prep them before spraying?
Sweet. I cleaned them and then plastidipped them with 6 coats and the. 4 coats of glossifier. They're not perfect, but only I know that haha.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
You may want to see Duplicolor’s self etching primer and spray paint. I’d scuff them up first with 300 grit sandpaper and then use the primer in light coats and then when completely dry do a bunch of light coats with the black spray paint.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You may want to see Duplicolor’s self etching primer and spray paint. I’d scuff them up first with 300 grit sandpaper and then use the primer in light coats and then when completely dry do a bunch of light coats with the black spray paint.
Thanks, great tip.
Your TSW Max Wheels, look nice! What offset, +35? What tires/size (still the bridgestones?)? (I maybe should remember from another thread, but don't, lol) No problems w/balancing or alignment?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Thanks, great tip.
Your TSW Max Wheels, look nice! What offset, +35? What tires/size (still the bridgestones?)? (I maybe should remember from another thread, but don't, lol) No problems w/balancing or alignment?
Thanks they’re: 18 x 8.5 with offset 30.

I started with Michelin Premier LTX which I liked but only got 20,000 miles out of. Michelin would only credit me 25% of the tire because I couldn’t prove what mileage I put them on because they came mounted and balanced and I put them on myself.

Luckily I called discount tire direct and they credited me 50% on a prorated per tire and now I’m running Michelin defender LTX. The benefit is these start at 10/32” vs the Premier LTX which start at 8/32” new.

161 - 178 of 178 Posts