Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Starting in 2019 Honda offered roof rail covers in black. They are available as Honda part number 08L02-TG7-100B. The parts listings on various websites indicate that these rails will not fit 2016-2018 models. On the other hand, Honda specifies the same part number for silver rails for all model years. Has anyone installed the black rails on a 2016-2018 Pilot?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would like to know the answer to this, also.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,876 Posts
Probably your best bet would be to either talk to the parts dept. at your dealership or call someplace like College Hill Honda, or one of the other online Honda parts distributors and speak to them.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EXL AWD
93 Posts
Don't know if 2019 model matters but when I was ordering my roof rails, I have the option to order the silver or black and I got the black one. i don't know if they offer or just selling the cover. By looking at the picture of your Pilot, I don't see any difference on my 2019 model

·
Registered
23 Posts
I received a reply from Bernardi, and they said that, "they are not sure if that part will fit the 2016 Pilot." That was all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here’s the reply from College Hills Honda:
“They would also apply to the 2016. They were not released until 2019.”

·
Registered
7 Posts
Starting in 2019 Honda offered roof rail covers in black. They are available as Honda part number 08L02-TG7-100B. The parts listings on various websites indicate that these rails will not fit 2016-2018 models. On the other hand, Honda specifies the same part number for silver rails for all model years. Has anyone installed the black rails on a 2016-2018 Pilot?

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EXL AWD
93 Posts
Did you install entire rail assemblies or just the rail covers?
[/QUOTE]
I don't think you will be able to install just the covers. The covers are screwed on to the base where the base is screwed on to the roof.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I want to change my silver rail covers to black rail covers. I just want to be sure that they will fit my rail bases.
Did you install entire rail assemblies or just the rail covers?
I don't think you will be able to install just the covers. The covers are screwed on to the base where the base is screwed on to the roof.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
23 Posts
They will fit. I am going to order them for mine.

I want to change my silver rail covers to black rail covers. I just want to be sure that they will fit my rail bases.

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1 Posts
my husband didn’t like the silver rails intended for the 2017, he installed the 2021 black roof rails (08L02-TG7-100A) instead and looks good!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also installed the OEM gloss black roof rails (08L02-TG7-100A) and cross bars on my 2017 LX. Fairly simple install, just took about an hour. They were cheaper than the silver rails, and I think look better. I haven't noticed any reduction in mpg, and maybe just a small, but acceptable increase in wind noise. I am planning to use 2x4's and metal brackets to make a simple racking system to more easily carry plywood and drywall sheets up top.

·
Registered
2018 EX-L AWD w/Sensing
101 Posts
I also installed the OEM gloss black roof rails (08L02-TG7-100A) and cross bars on my 2017 LX. Fairly simple install, just took about an hour. They were cheaper than the silver rails, and I think look better. I haven't noticed any reduction in mpg, and maybe just a small, but acceptable increase in wind noise. I am planning to use 2x4's and metal brackets to make a simple racking system to more easily carry plywood and drywall sheets up top.
Post some pics when you're done. That sounds cool! I went with Thule Crossbars, because I need to mount surfboards, and will leave the bars on during the warmer months, maybe year round.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts