Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When "rolling" up my drivers side window the last 2 days, I noticed a friction screeech sound. Then last night as I rolled it up it had left a black skid mark with rubber crumbs the entire height of the window, and a chunk of ripped black foam that was still attached to something from down inside the door is now hanging there, waiting to get pulled back down into the door. WEIRD.

What the heck could have caused this? Has anyone seen this happen on their Pilot? Nothing has been shoved or spilled down there.

Am I the first?

I will post a photo tonight for future members just incase.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Seems like insulation may have torn loose ang gotten pulled up by the window. I suspect there's a strip of insulation along the edge right at the top of the door panel to keep water out of the door frame and away from the speakers and other electrical stuff.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jay, I think I'll go have the dealer look at it, I definitely don't trust myself to tear off door panels :) Especially since the usual "monsoon season" is on it's way to Washington next month. I wonder how this could have happened?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts