Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Pilot Black Edition
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I got our 21 Black Edition tinted over the weekend and then rebadged it myself with OEM gloss black emblems. Running boards and rain deflectors should be going on today/tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Looks great. Would love to see the emblems removed and the tail lights smoked in some Lamin-x.

And if only Honda would get rid of the amber lens in the front headlight assembly in favor of an amber bulb. I have yet to see a Joey-mod on this forum to remove it.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Looks good! Did you figure out what you want to do for the front emblem yet?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still want to tint it but the shop is slammed and stayed open late just to finish my windows, so didn’t get around to it. A little nervous about messing with the sensing but I need to see how it looks dark… lol

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Still want to tint it but the shop is slammed and stayed open late just to finish my windows, so didn’t get around to it. A little nervous about messing with the sensing but I need to see how it looks dark… lol
Well the wonderful thing about tint is you can remove it pretty easily.

Also I've seen vehicles with similar taillights where the owner tinted the reverse light and turn signal but left the red areas as they are. I think that could be a pretty cool look in your Pilot. I have never tinted lighting elements since I fall on the side of safety/visibility but that could look cool.

Reactions: Spades

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the wonderful thing about tint is you can remove it pretty easily.

Also I've seen vehicles with similar taillights where the owner tinted the reverse light and turn signal but left the red areas as they are. I think that could be a pretty cool look in your Pilot. I have never tinted lighting elements since I fall on the side of safety/visibility but that could look cool.
Haha you right. I waffle on the light stuff myself. Swapped out the amber sidemarkers on the Civic for smoked whites. Idk how I feel about the main signals though. Will for sure try the front badge at the very least.

Reactions: cintocrunch

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,328 Posts
I'm not usually a fan of murdered out cars, but this really improves the Pilot. The Front emblem is an issue. After all, a thin layer of wet snow is enough to stop the system from working.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That looks great. I have been doing small upgrades on my black edition as well. I will post a pick or two one I receive the final upgrade piece.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lamin-X came in, front badge tinted. I'll admit it's not the best job (and I knicked the paint a tiny bit when trimming the film) but I think it looks decent in passing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reactions: Highspeedbail

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like it. What about the center caps and the chrome H on them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Easily replaced with black caps, although I don't hate those. Civic is the same way currently, but I may swap them all eventually.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Finally got the crossbars, roof box and tow package installed (minus the backordered ATF cooler.) The Honda techs even left me some cool little surprises on my roof.

·
Registered
498 Posts
What are we looking at here? Are you saying they scratched your paint on the roof? Looks like metal to paint contact but hard to tell bc it’s dusty

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What are we looking at here? Are you saying they scratched your paint on the roof? Looks like metal to paint contact but hard to tell bc it’s dusty

Yep! That's it. Chipped and/or scratched in a couple places. Already contacted the dealer and they said they'll address it but... a little salty they didn't call out that it happened.

·
Registered
498 Posts
At least it’s on your roof but yeah definitely have the dealer repaint that (not touch up paint either)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Your Pilot looks dope now. I think based on how your Pilot looks, I’m going to plastidip my running boards to all black. I like how the own black ones look on your Pilot. The storage carrier looks really cool too.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts