Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 Pilot's A/C started blowing hot air about a week ago. Pilot has 25500 miles on it.I took it to Honda Dealer and was told it has Black Death. They want $5500 to replace compressor,expansion valve, condenser,evaparator and dryer. Then they quoted me 130.00 for brake fluid replacement and 140.00 for trans service.You would think they would throw that in free. Called Honda and asked for some goodwill assistance on repair. They basically said no.If you buy a Honda byuy the extended warranty.

·
Registered
306 Posts
My 2016 Pilot's A/C started blowing hot air about a week ago. Pilot has 25500 miles on it.I took it to Honda Dealer and was told it has Black Death. They want $5500 to replace compressor,expansion valve, condenser,evaparator and dryer. Then they quoted me 130.00 for brake fluid replacement and 140.00 for trans service.You would think they would throw that in free. Called Honda and asked for some goodwill assistance on repair. They basically said no.If you buy a Honda byuy the extended warranty.
I’d first check to see if one of the A/C fuses needs to be swapped out.

My Civic, my friends and families Honda’s always has this issue.

That sucks that it’s not covered under warranty, but if the fuse doesn’t work, I would look elsewhere for repair than the STEALERSHIP.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Black death meaning that it has an overwhelming amount of mold?

Oh nevermind, it's a compressor issue. I saw the other thread.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had that on my 90K Honda Pilot Touring - no extended warranty - went back and forth with Honda, they agreed to pay 1/2 the bill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts