Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2006 Honda pilot will not turn over, when the key is turned in the on position all the dash lights flash, the radio will not turn on and there are several clicking noises. When the key is turned to the start position same as above with starter solenoid click, doesn't start. There is also a buzzing noise from the relay box under the hood and a loud buzzing from a flat black box under the dash and above and to the left of the brake. I have been trying to diagnose the issue but I do not know what this black box is. Does anyone here know?
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
I found the pgm-fi relay is that the same as the main ignition relay? Thanks for your time
Some interchange the terms but they're referring to the same thing. Broken solder joints are well known with several Honda years and models. If you know how to do board repair (a lost art/skill) look for bad joints and resolder them. This topic is well covered in many YouTube videos, for example Crank No Start - Honda PGM-FI Main Relay - YouTube and Honda No Start? POSSIBLE Main Relay - EricTheCarGuy - YouTube

This video shows what good solder joints should look like

87-91 Honda Prelude - (fixed) Main relay repair detail - YouTube

·
Registered
43 Posts
Can you get a picture zoomed out a little more. Is that black component agains the interior firewall?

Since you're having an electrical issue, it sounds like Accessory doesn't work and neither does the Run position. These can be caused by a bad ignition switch. I can't find the video where it shows the noise for the bad Ignition Switch but here is one that shows how to replace.

Ignition Start Switch

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some interchange the terms but they're referring to the same thing. Broken solder joints are well known with several Honda years and models. If you know how to do board repair (a lost art/skill) look for bad joints and resolder them. This topic is well covered in many YouTube videos, for example Crank No Start - Honda PGM-FI Main Relay - YouTube and Honda No Start? POSSIBLE Main Relay - EricTheCarGuy - YouTube

This video shows what good solder joints should look like

87-91 Honda Prelude - (fixed) Main relay repair detail - YouTube
Thanks for the info, I'll check it
Can you get a picture zoomed out a little more. Is that black component agains the interior firewall?

Since you're having an electrical issue, it sounds like Accessory doesn't work and neither does the Run position. These can be caused by a bad ignition switch. I can't find the video where it shows the noise for the bad Ignition Switch but here is one that shows how to replace.

Ignition Start Switch
I bypassed the ignition switch already and it was the same results

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Ignition Start Switch
Here is another picture of the box there is definitely a loud buzzing coming from it when I try to start

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts