Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey new guy here, Can some one ID the missing part from my middle seat? Its a bezel of some kind just like the one to the right in the pic. Looking to source a new or used one. Thanks in advance. Harry

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,840 Posts

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,840 Posts
And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Over $100 for that little plastic piece? Insane!

I would open up 3rd row and look under it. The part is most likely somewhere there on the floor.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
That's more than a cheap plastic piece. It's the anchor for a child seat, and is a little more than a pop-in, falls-out part.

That whole rear panel on the seat is a snap-off part, with clips on the bottom and a retaining lip on top. A local boneyard/parts recycler may be a good source of that whole panel, with carpet and both of the anchors still in place. The whole thing shows for $168 new in the linked parts page, giving you new everything. Get the clips/retainers for the panel at the same time in case they are damaged on removal.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I hate those stupid buggers i think its a design flaw

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
They probably get damaged/pull out when someone decides to use them for a tie-down anchor point for stuff in the luggage boot. The design loading is up, parallel with the panel, and not perpendicular. Could be a slightly better design, since they look like the perfect place to secure a low net or tie-down.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,277 Posts
Well you could try a salvage yard, May have to buy the whole seat but spare parts never hurt.

·
Registered
853 Posts
That's more than a cheap plastic piece. It's the anchor for a child seat, and is a little more than a pop-in, falls-out part.

That whole rear panel on the seat is a snap-off part, with clips on the bottom and a retaining lip on top. A local boneyard/parts recycler may be a good source of that whole panel, with carpet and both of the anchors still in place. The whole thing shows for $168 new in the linked parts page, giving you new everything. Get the clips/retainers for the panel at the same time in case they are damaged on removal.
Actually the anchor bar is still there, you can see it in the photo. The "plastic" casing fell out, it's a cheap and easy fix.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Can you give me an idea on part # and cost? Where I might get that?
Insane how a piece of plastic costs over $100 new, right? It's a plastic garnish.

eBay - $45

Or here, stock up, three for $80. Take one, then sell the other two on eBay for $40 each = yours free.

Or just hit up a local junk yard / pick and pull.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts