Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had our Pilot for 6 weeks now & it dawned on me: the Accord's 1st birthday is coming up! She's treated well, spoiled, in fact. I want to do someting nice for her. She has 8000 miles on her. She just had an oil & transmission fluid change. She has had 3 coats of Zaino put on in the last month. Any ideas???

Mrs. JC:confused:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Let's see. You're in CA. Maybe you could give her $300 folding money and and a weekend in Vegas.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vegas is a bit far. Most from our area fly there. (I've never been there!) Mr. JC would likely want to take the Pilot so he could play in the sand.....

Remember, she IS spoiled. Premium gas is the norm for her! Every 5th tank she gets a lower grade because of the different cleaning additives.

We thought about a trip to Disneyland, but she was there in July.

I just HAVE to come up with SOMETHING. I don't want her feeling that the Pilot has taken her place! I've heard about some of those complications! Cars locking themselves in garages, not wanting to start, getting their spot in the garage taken..... I need her to feel that she's still loved!:4:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Her birthday is Oct. 16th. Technically that's her adoption day, she was "born" in August.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Speaking of BIRTHDAY'S.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TIM!!!!!:2:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
hondacuraworld said:
Thanks! Turned the big 31 today......

It's dead here, so I might even get to cut out early! :2:
Go for it!! It's Friday AND your birthday. I think noonish is an appropriate get the heck outta there time!
I'll be talkin' to you later about a couple of extra access I wanna get.
In the meantime...Have a Birthday Blast!! ;)

·
Registered
664 Posts
How about a good interior and glass cleaning? You know, to get the spots up and the windows really clean. If you don't ahve it already I really like the rear window shade in our Accord. I usually just throw on an option I didn't get in the beginning every year. It has also gotten fog lights, sunroof deflector, and soon it will have to get replacement floor mats and door edge guards. My kids like to swing the doors too far open and the floor mats are just beat up. Besides a new set of mats in any car always looks good. (Honda only with the Accord emblem though.)

Of course with the Pilot it's birthday is going to be making the payments. Sign, sunroof, DVD, and backup sensors will have to wait....

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
hondacuraworld said:
Thanks! Turned the big 31 today......

It's dead here, so I might even get to cut out early! :2:
We'd sing for you Tim, but that would be too scary!!!

Have a happy birthday anyway!!!:5:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Accord's BD

Banningjr,
She already has fog lights, door guards & still like new floor mats. We detailed her really well a couple of weeks ago, including another coat of zaino. She also got the zaino glass treatment. She's VERY spoiled! She sleeps in the garage & since I don't work she's only parked outside if the Pilot is getting something new added, Mr. JC is doing wood working, or I'm shopping. We had the sunroof deflector on our last Accord & loved it, but I decided not to do it this time. I only use the sunroof when she's been parked outside on a hot day to let the hot air out while the A/C is doing it's thing. I'm just at a loss here! I want to treat her special, but I guess we treat her pretty nice all the time! Maybe we could find her a rhinestone gear shift, or something unusual like that!

I'll worry about the Pilot's birthday next Summer. We don't have payments on either though. Just insurance! And that's not too bad. The pilot will be easier, a messy road trip will be fun for her. She's going to the snow next month. We're visiting folks in NV & there's already been snow on the Sierras.

I heard about some hot springs down in the Mono Lake area that we want to check out after the holidays,... if I can find them!:rolleyes:

Happy Birthday Tim of hondacuraworld! :)

Mrs. JC

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My Accord ended up spending her birthday in the shop. I'd been hearing a "ching" from the seat belt adjuster on the passenger side column. Since it's been annoying me, I figured it must be annoying her too. So she went in for a replacement. Lucky for me Mr. JC is a technician, so no strangers touched her!

I think I have a plan for Belle's (the Pilot) birthday next year! I think we'll travel from here to DC & back in a 3 week road trip! We'd go east via Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore..... & come home through the Colorado Rockies. She'd get to use her NAV system, see lots of things & play in the mountains!:20:

Mrs. JC

1 - 13 of 13 Posts