Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m a 17 year old with mommy’s old car, an 08 pilot. Being the “ignorant teenager” I am, I put dual 12” subs in and put a magnaflow under it. Because I don’t care anymore I was wondering what the biggest size tires and rims and rim width I could have on the pilot. This CRV I saw has inspired me to do something similar
FFF534C3-EF14-4162-B832-F99E2C31EDAD.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
2,896 Posts
Welcome and thanks for registering at piloteers.org. We are glad you have chosen to be part of the community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

Please take a moment to look over the FAQ section. If you need assistance please use the “message” function to contact any staff member.

If you haven’t already, don’t forget to register at the Honda Owners web site. It is full of information you may find useful about your particular Honda vehicle(s).

Enjoy and all the best,

Daltongang

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Not that we weren't all 17-year-olds at some point, but something tells me you're about to get taken out behind the woodshed with a hickory stick by some of the older members here. :)

For the record, when I was 17 I put superfat tires on just the rear axle of my 1964 Plymouth Valiant, which most impressively gave that somewhat conservative vehicle, manufactured when men still wore hats, an amazing chick-magnet callipygian tilt.

What's the biggest tire size for your Pilot? The question's been asked quite few times on this forum, and I couldn't tell you offhand, but here's what a search turns up.

Happy reading, and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Something else for you to think on is that you can possibly go bigger than what the wheel wells will fit, but you may have to make modifications in order to do so. Rolling your fenders, cutting the wheel wells out to be larger, and or additionally doing a 2 inch body lift kit to get extra clearance.

Keep in mind that what "fits" when the car is parked will be different than what fits when you're turning the corner, leaving a parking lot and driving over the gutter between the parking lot and road way. A frequent issue is the tire rubbing the fender when the wheels are too big.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Just really depends on how much money you got and how extreme you want to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts