Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I mounted 32” tires in the rear with a lift and I’m getting ready to do the front because the AWD system and the computer are having a fit over different wheel speeds. Because of this I’m moving forward on getting front wheels sooner but the only problem with rubbing I have is that the struts hang over the tires which means bigger wheels will rub. I’m ok with doing spacers but I was wondering if anyone had experience with struts that aren’t as wide over the tires.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Spacer are probably the only way to go, unless you can get a custom made front strut and coils. Also even with spacers wont your tires be rubbing at the wheel well when turning?

I picked up a set of used Blizzak 255/70/16 (couldn't let it pass for $250) and its already pretty tight, no rubbing though.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Wow, 32s replacing 29s......keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
So I mounted 32” tires in the rear with a lift and I’m getting ready to do the front because the AWD system and the computer are having a fit over different wheel speeds. Because of this I’m moving forward on getting front wheels sooner but the only problem with rubbing I have is that the struts hang over the tires which means bigger wheels will rub. I’m ok with doing spacers but I was wondering if anyone had experience with struts that aren’t as wide over the tires.
Wheels with less positive offset will shift the wheel+tire combo further away from the strut otherwise spacers will be the solution. Select quality hub-centric wheel spacers for best results.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
I'm in a mood tonight. I just watched 'The Last Motorcycle on Earth' on Amazon Prime.
Whether you ride or not, you should see this. It's coming.
So, I have to say:

Why? It's a Pilot. That's like stretching a Honda Grom! LOL
I realize you have the right to do whatever you want, for now.

·
Registered
846 Posts
245/75/16 is 1.5" shorter than 32s. Big difference. With 20MM spacers, will you have enough thread left on the lug bolt?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Running 245/75/16 on my stock ‘03

tight but no rub. Thinking about doing 20mm spacers.
How big are those? I’m definitely doing math wrong because I am getting that they're 23” tires.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
245/75/16 is 1.5" shorter than 32s. Big difference. With 20MM spacers, will you have enough thread left on the lug bolt?
Good spacers don’t go in between the rim and brake rotor, they essentially bolt on as if they were the rim then the rim bolts to the spacer as if it was the rotor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm in a mood tonight. I just watched 'The Last Motorcycle on Earth' on Amazon Prime.
Whether you ride or not, you should see this. It's coming.
So, I have to say:

Why? It's a Pilot. That's like stretching a Honda Grom! LOL
I realize you have the right to do whatever you want, for now.
I mean I use my Pilot and get through mud just as well as some custom built jeeps do, that was also on highway tires. My Pilot does a fine job and I do what I can with the money I have. I’m still in Highschool by the way.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Good spacers don’t go in between the rim and brake rotor, they essentially bolt on as if they were the rim then the rim bolts to the spacer as if it was the rotor.
Not true......it depends on how thick the spacer is. For example, the rim is not going to bolt to a 1/4” thick spacer. Just a heads up, high school is 2 words and not capitalized the way it was used.😉👌

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
846 Posts
Thickness determines quality???? These must be some of the best.😱

Can’t fix stupid.🤦‍♂️

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,275 Posts
Lol, but look at all that snow he's able to get though out behind the vocational wing of his high school.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Bet that ride will hang with some custom built Jeeps all day long.(y)

Reactions: The Todd

·
Registered
846 Posts
How big are those? I’m definitely doing math wrong because I am getting that they're 23” tires.
245 X .75 X 2 / 25.4 + 16 = 30.46" diameter

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
I mean I use my Pilot and get through mud just as well as some custom built jeeps do, that was also on highway tires. My Pilot does a fine job and I do what I can with the money I have. I’m still in Highschool by the way.
Well, Welcome to the forum young man.

I did a LOT of things when I was in H S, that I wouldn't even consider now.
Bigger tires/wheels- definitely a high school thing FS.

Not bashing you at all. Nothing wrong with what you're doing either.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts