Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
The website does not give you the shippng cost. Any idea what their shipping cost for the sidesteps to CA?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know what the charges for the shipping because I believe the company is located somewhere in California.

:) __________________
H-Pilot EX-L Rest

·
Registered
25 Posts
It depends on where you live...

I called 4hondaparts to find out the shipping cost for running boards, trailer hitch kit, and rear splash guards. I live in Connecticut. The response was: $50 for running boards, $11 for the guards, and "the hitch is a killer, may cost you $200..."

I turned around and ordered those parts from handa-accessories, and though that company is also located in California, their shipping charge for all three is $78.50 and the total cost to me is $944.90.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
I ordered some of my accessories for my CR-V from them and HandA.
(Before I discovered HAW).
Price and service was good enough, but the shipping was a surprise and too high. (Higher the HandA)

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Sorry, just a lazy typer!

Was gettimng tired of people asking who Tim was.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Depending upon how much you are willing to spend, I found some are willing to give you a substantial (i.e. no charge) break on shipping. At least on site offers free shipping on orders over $200. When you are talking about a high shipping cost item like running boards or steps (which both are over $200), the savings is substantial, especially when the price is less than the shipping included pricing of a competitor.

·
Registered
25 Posts
A comparison of prices

Here is a comparison of prices for the stuff I bought:

Hondacuraworld:

running boards ... 427.70
hitch ... 193.70
ATF cooler ... 193.70
power steering cooler ... 172.90
harness ... 37.70
splash guards ... 32.50
shipping handling ... 2.00
Total: 1060.20

HandA-Accessories:

running boards ... 394.80
hitch kit (with the two coolers and harness) ... 441.60
splash guards ... 30.00
shipping ... 78.50 (Connecticut)
Total: 944.90

I can't find the trailer hitch stuff sold as a kit on Hondacuraworld. When buying that stuff in separate pieces on HandA-accessories, the total would come out higher than the kit, but would still be lower than Hondacuraworld.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Re: A comparison of prices

Unprejudiced said:
Here is a comparison of prices for the stuff I bought:

Hondacuraworld:

running boards ... 427.70
hitch ... 193.70
ATF cooler ... 193.70
power steering cooler ... 172.90
harness ... 37.70
splash guards ... 32.50
shipping handling ... 2.00
Total: 1060.20

HandA-Accessories:

running boards ... 394.80
hitch kit (with the two coolers and harness) ... 441.60
splash guards ... 30.00
shipping ... 78.50 (Connecticut)
Total: 944.90

I can't find the trailer hitch stuff sold as a kit on Hondacuraworld. When buying that stuff in separate pieces on HandA-accessories, the total would come out higher than the kit, but would still be lower than Hondacuraworld.
How do you get these stuff installed ? Self or dealer/auto shop ? If you don't install it yourself, how much do they charge outside ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
A Quirky Question!!!!!!!!
What about Installation? You got to do it yourself?
Will the Dealor do the installation if we take it to the out side purchased part to them???

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am a DIY, sort of.

I plan to do the installation myself. There are postings about DIYs doing the installation. I've checked out the installation manuals. The running boards, splash guards and the hitch seem easy enough. The coolers are a bit harder in that one needs to take off the front bumper. Before I put in the order, I tried to take out a couple of those plastic positioners under the hood and felt I could manage the job. Someone said it was a three hour job. Well then, I guess I've got my job cut out for me this weekend. BTW, before starting the job, I plan to go to a Honda dealership here to buy Honda ATF and power steering fluid, as the driver's manual says we should only use Honda products. Here is the funny thing, though; the head of the service department of my dealer says they are using 5W-30 oil rather than 5W-20.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
DIY all the way

I would rather make a small mistake and know it is there to correct, then to have the dealer make one and not know.

At least I read the instructions before starting!

The coolers are not too big a job other than the bumper. Just do the fog lights at the same time and it cuts the work in 1/2. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts