Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Better to get the hood repainted or just get a another hood?

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  lamuncha 
#1 ·
To make a long story, of which I'm sure many of you are sick of by now :) , short, I can swap my hood with another Pilot or keep the repainted hood that's on it right now. is it better to keep the repainted hood on my Havasu Blue Pilot or just swap it with another hood off another HB Pilot that's been used as a demo? Of course, provided the hood on the demo Pilot is free of any paint/body damage.

What would you guys prefer to do?

#2 ·
I'd go with the replacement factory hood. It went through the exact same process, and used the same clearcoat as the rest of your finish. There are some really great autobody shops out there and they would probably do a great job, but if given the choice I'd take the factory paint job.

Chris

#6 ·
Thanks, Guys!

I'll get the dealer to swap the hoods. Funny thing is, the hood's coming off the demo Pilot that the owner drives most of the time. Too bad that useless wind deflector's still not on the hood. She could've experienced the incessant shrieking noise which I had to put up with since day one.

#7 ·
Actually;

Repaint is not bad for the first 4 to 5 years.
So it is does not affect the value of a demo in the dealers hands.
He probably does not even have to disclose it when he sells the Pilot.
It's us long term owners who have to put up with the repaint issues later.

#8 ·
New hoods come painted

So am I understanding that Honda ships new hoods already painted? This seems unlikely to me. I would expect that new hoods, as order by a parts department or body shop, would come unpainted. Then the shop would paint it to match the car. I know for a fact that this is how it works with other manufacturers, as I have purchased several body parts in the past (from GM, Mitsubishi, and from third party parts suppliers) and they all came sans finish paint.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.