Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of replacing my wife's 13 year old Honda Odyssey. Likely with a Honda Pilot.

Right now they are offering .9 or 1.9% interest, depending on term. I'd love to get zero % as I see many other brands doing that in the midst of the present crisis. And for us money is tight.

Any predictions on what rates Honda might offer in June? And if you were looking to buy a new Honda car over the next few months, any suggestions on how and when to get the best price? Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am in need of replacing my wife's 13 year old Honda Odyssey. Likely with a Honda Pilot.

Right now they are offering .9 or 1.9% interest, depending on term. I'd love to get zero % as I see many other brands doing that in the midst of the present crisis. And for us money is tight.

Any predictions on what rates Honda might offer in June? And if you were looking to buy a new Honda car over the next few months, any suggestions on how and when to get the best price? Thanks.
Instead of betting on lower interest rate, I'd try to see if there is any MY19 left. There should be some good discounts on those.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Don't delay solely for 0%...It is very unlikely Honda will offer it.

Just to bring some analysis to bear: Your total interest paid for a 100% financed fully loaded Elite (~$50,000), according to this calculator will be:

~$1,153 @ 0.9% 60 Mo @ $853/Mo
~$2,944 @ 1.9% 72 Mo @ $736/Mo

Thats free money, and you should easily save that much money when you negotiate the price for your car. Assuming you can make the monthly payments, take the 0.9% loan, invest as much of that $50,000 as you can in a decent mutual fund right now, and in 5-6 years you'll be much better off. Borrow less to keep the payments in check, and its still worth it.

Get the best price by playing dealers against one another and exclusively dealing with them via email until you have a final out the door price. Excellent guide here: 2019 Honda Pilot Actual Price Paid thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts