Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the seats on my 2017 Honda EXL, what do you all recommend to put on leather seats, or is it best not to put anything on them?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I never understand why buy leather seats then put a cover. I always buy cars with leather seats. Take care of them, easy to clean, and it will look great for years to come even it is time to get rid of it.

I sold my 2010 maxima with black leather to a private party and was so impressed that the leather still looked new even at 110k. He didn’t even ask to lower the price.

I’ve been using chemical guys lately with my Pilot. I was using meguairs but CG cleaner removed all the dirt and oil that I thought weren’t there. Simply amazing to see the difference on my gray leather.

Chemical Guys SPI_109_16 Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditioner Kit for Use on Leather Apparel, Furniture, Car Interiors, Shoes, Boots, Bags & More (2 - 16 Oz Bottles) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001TJ3HU...abc_YH628KB3SQS4NH1K31E1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
753 Posts
I was a big fan of Lexol until I tried Chemical guys. Below is how much more gunk Chemical guys got off of my regularly maintained with Lexol seats in our 2013 Touring. The difference in feel is remarkable too. Really can’t recommend the Chemical Guys product enough - very impressive.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Here’s a pic of my seat. Was using Meguairs, switched to Chemical Guys. Thought my seats were clean until I used CG. Right side was cleaned with CG. Brighter, cleaner, and removed the crap out body and other cleaners leave behind.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow!. That chemical guys stuff really works. My seats are black, so they will probably not change in appearance, but at least they will be clean.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Wow!. That chemical guys stuff really works. My seats are black, so they will probably not change in appearance, but at least they will be clean.
I just did the drivers seat in my BMW… also black… but I can still tell a (big) difference. It cleaned out the Lexol build up from years of use and it actually looks a lot darker and cleaner. Chemical Guys leather cleaner and conditioner is just magic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've used Surf City Voodoo, the blend cleaner/conditioner and the rejuvenator. They've worked well for many years and i prefer them over Meguiars. They also impart a leather smell to the interior. I will say, I'm intrigued by the Chemical Guys stuff......might need to try it.

MarkH
Jax/FL
2017 EX-L AWD, towing package

1 - 14 of 14 Posts