Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The demand for Pilot is still very high here in Washington State. The best I can do is MSRP, even for the 2003. I'm willing to drive to Oregon or Idaho if I can get around $1000 under MSRP. Any suggestion on where to go for the best price for a Pilot EX-L? Please post your price and options.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you belong to a credit union, you might check out www.advocar.com. They charge $600 for their service, but he found a 2003 EX for about $1000 under MSRP after their fee (too bad I had requested pricing on an 04, which he didn't do nearly as well on).

BothellWa also posted in an earlier thread about getting good pricing from Lynnwood Honda just by emailing their internet sales guy.

- Phil
'04 Sage Pilot EX on order

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much $$ was your order for the 04? I'm considering getting the new 04 EX-L. The adjustable second row seat and butt warmer is worth the extra $$. Which dealership did you get it from and who did you talk to?

·
Registered
15 Posts
We got the EX, which doesn't have leather so no heated seats for us. Paid MSRP, and probably got screwed on the trade... don't take your wife and one year old who needs a nap when buying a car. I could have sat for hours negotiating by myself, but knew the family needed to be home, so did the best I could in a short time.

We bought ours at Lynnwood Honda as well, and I think BothellWa got $1100 under MSRP doing the email thing at the same dealership. Too bad he posted a few days too late to help me. :(

- Phil

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
mymxv said:
The demand for Pilot is still very high here in Washington State. The best I can do is MSRP, even for the 2003. I'm willing to drive to Oregon or Idaho if I can get around $1000 under MSRP. Any suggestion on where to go for the best price for a Pilot EX-L? Please post your price and options.

Thanks in advance.
Are we (Washingtonians) just not getting as many Pilots as other places? Why are different areas getting so many better deals? The best I've personally heard of so far is an '03 EX, for $28,500. This was just a month ago- and this guy is a SHREWD haggler. He had to walk out and get a phone call the next day type of thing for THAT price. He had them throw in 24 cases of coke to get him to sign. Guess if the price doesn't come down, ya gotta get something extra out of them ;)

If you haven't tried PJ at West hills Honda in Bremerton, I reccommend giving him a call, this guy will find exactly what you want, and give you absolutely NO pressure, and no BS. That's my kind of buying experience.

I personally went through costco and paid msrp for my EXL back in Dec., with PJ being my contact. They took the Pilot off the roster, then recently added it again.

Anyone is welcome to PM me if you want PJ's email and phone.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I flew across the state to Spokane to buy mine last year @ MSRP when everyone on the westside was asking $$$ over MSRP. Call Greg McKinley at Spokane Honda to see what he can do for you.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am in California and I got my wife's 03 EXL-Nav for $1300 off MSRP. This is without any negotiation or price haggling. Even the finance manager was shocked at the price I was paying for that car.
I guess it pays to know the sales manager and actually do sub-contracting window tinting work for the dealship.
I still feel that I didn't get a great price but considering the demand for this vehicle, I think I got a very fair price.
Moral of the story: I guess it's not WHAT you know but WHO you know! :2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts