Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I live in Germantown, MD (between Rockville and Frederick) and am looking for the best deal within a 200 mi radius to get a Silver or Navy EX-L. Can anyone share what they paid and who's the best dealer to go to within a 3 hr driving distance? I have not negotiated too deep yet but I'm getting about $200-500 off MSRP right now for the 2004's.
Help! I want a 2004 Pilot!

·
Registered
407 Posts
mho94 said:
Hi! I live in Germantown, MD (between Rockville and Frederick) and am looking for the best deal within a 200 mi radius to get a Silver or Navy EX-L. Can anyone share what they paid and who's the best dealer to go to within a 3 hr driving distance? I have not negotiated too deep yet but I'm getting about $200-500 off MSRP right now for the 2004's.
Help! I want a 2004 Pilot!
If I remember correctly, Kemosabe, lives in Germantown. He's one of this site's moderators and he'd probably be your best bet at helping you find a good deal. You can always try and PM him but I'm sure that once he see's your post, he'll be happy to give some advice.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I tried the Maryland area dealerships and found the same thing you're finding; only a few hundred dollars off MSRP. I ended up purchasing my Pilot in Ohio and paid just a couple hundred dollars over invoice. It was well worth the plane ride out and the 350 mile drive back. The demand around here is just too high, so prices are too.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Re: Best price for 2004 EX-L?

riseboi said:
If I remember correctly, Kemosabe, lives in Germantown. He's one of this site's moderators and he'd probably be your best bet at helping you find a good deal. You can always try and PM him but I'm sure that once he see's your post, he'll be happy to give some advice.
Thanks for the intro, riseboi!!! :7: :15:

Hi there, mho94!!! Yes, I am your neighbor here in Kemotown, MD... :p

In all honesty, I am NOT the best person to ask about current deals for a 2004 Pilot -- I bought mine at FULL MSRP after being on the waiting list for 2 months and a $1000 deposit. I have not looked into any current deals at any of the local dealers, so I really can't offer any sound (up to date) advice. But, I did travel all over the DC area looking for deals way back when I bought (Shockley, Hersons, College Park, Rosenthal, Ourisman, Fairfax, and a bunch I can't even remember now).

I did buy my Pilot (in Aug of 2002) from Criswell Honda in Kemotown, though -- let me know if you want/need the salesman's name... :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
mho94,

The deal I got was ok. ~$650 off MSRP with free all weather floor mats and cargo cover, but I had to kick and scratch for it. Considering I received my car two days after I put down my deposit, I thought it was a good deal. Supposedly, Midnight Blue w/ Navi is a really hard combination to come by, at least for now.

No dealer in the DC metro area would budge on the MSRP price. My discount was a result of my mother in law purchasing a CR-V from the same dealer 3 weeks prior and my refusal to purchase the vehicle w/o "free" options.

-Rudo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to everyone that has replied! Not good news about the pricing here, but if I look on the bright side, its not bad news that I'm getting ripped off. :cool:

Well, hopefully we get some Pennsylvanians/Virginians/West Virginians that reply with with some better deals on pricing.

Hoping to join tha PILOT crew in Kemotown!
:(

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just purchased my 2004 Pilot EX-L w/ RES in Silver today. Pick it up tomorrow. I think I got a pretty good deal out the door. Went to a couple dealers in Northern Va and everyone would not negotiate away from MSRP. I got the Pilot for $33,300 (Out the Door..... includes: Rear Mud Guards, Pin Stripe, Wheel Locks, Door and Fender guards, Processing Fee $289, Freight, VA Tax, and tags. Went to Sheehy Honda in Alexandria... very good customer service. About $900 cheaper than the negotiation I did with Landmark Honda. Landmark "sucked".... wouldn't give me a deal and then kept on calling everyday to see if I would give in.

·
Registered
260 Posts
vluu21, that seems to be a great price for this area.

O'donnell Honda in Ellicott City quoted $600 off MSRP as soon as I walked in the door, but doesn't seem willing to go down any further. They threw in wheel locks -- guess that's better than nothing. Jim Coleman Honda e-mailed me a low "Internet ONLY" price of....(drum roll, please)...... MSRP :ucrazy:

·
Registered
602 Posts
I had the same experience with those two dealerships when I purchased my 2003 Pilot.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If anyone is ever interested in the sales person for Sheehy Honda, just drop me an email. Think I got the best deal I could get... for the time I wanted the vechile. It just sucks to hear that in other states... people are buying at close to invoice and we are just trying to get a deal near MSRP.

Here's a picture of the new ride.... putting on the Chrome Side Steps tonight after work.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sheehy Honda
703-660-0100
www.sheehy.com
Salesman: Siam (pronounced: "C"-am)

Great salesman and will work hard to get you a good deal. Best of luck!

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
mho94 said:
Thanks to everyone that has replied! Not good news about the pricing here, ... Well, hopefully we get some Pennsylvanians/Virginians/West Virginians that reply with with some better deals on pricing... :(
This might be helpful:

Good Price and Free Delivery to New Jersey or Elsewhere
MSRP -$1600

Hi, Everybody!

I didn't want to fly to Ohio and drive back to New Jersey to get a good price on an '04 Pilot so I contacted a dealer in the next state over (Pennsylvania). We negotiated a little below the '03 Costco price (2003 MSRP - $1,000) and he gave me a discount on accessories (chrome bumper garnish and fog lights) and he delivered the car to us in New Jersey without any additional charge.

Don't worry about joining Costco if you don't want, just tell Tony that robrecht sent you and that you want at least as good a deal or better. I didn't even push him at all--I suspect he'll give you more of a discount if you are a better negotiator than me or when the '04 Highlanders hit the streets. I had a couple of slightly better offers in Ohio and Florida (Invoice + $1,000??, about $100-300 more depending on dealer fees), but I really liked Tony and his offer to deliver the very next car to us for free (150 miles, 2 guys, signed the papers at our kitchen table!). Didn't even have to go to the dealership!

Tony Lombardo
Faulkner Honda
2020 Paxton Street
PO Box 2861
Harrisburg, PA 17105
Tel: 800-440-5884, ext 3358
Local Tel: 717-232-8800
Fax: 717-238-6832
Email: [email protected]

PS: If he gives you any grief, tell him the nuns wouldn't like that and he'll back down.

For further discussion, see the following link:

http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5629

1 - 14 of 14 Posts