Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for OEM cross bars for my 2019 Pilot. Local dealer wants $270 inc. tax.

I'm wondering which of the numerous "cheap Honda parts" websites y'all like and have used. Looking for lowest price & most reputable website...real OEM and not knock off.

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,420 Posts
I've found that some pull you in with a great price then slap you with a big shipping cost. If they don't let you calculate the shipping before the pay window, I back out. My dealership may be higher, but I also can pick up next day shipping free.
If you got a big Honda project, ask the parts dept for a discount on parts. I've negotiated 20% off.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
654 Posts
I've done parts from Bernardi Honda, College Hills Honda and HondaPartsNow with no issues. With shipping they were significantly cheaper than my local dealers. The best I got which needed manager override was to match Bernardi with shipping but then they charged my local 8.625% tax anyway. Only advantage was I could leave with it. That was still 20% better than my selling dealer.

You could also check classifieds here at PIloteers, craigslist, letgo, ebay and others. I would recommend sticking with the OEM but that's me. You could also check on Car-Part.com for local junkyards. They should be the same for 2016-2020 if you have the factory rails. If you don't have rails, the base rack is much cheaper with just the bars. Covered in other threads.

You could always try your local with printout from the others and see if they will match. The shipping ones didn't have tax for me so base price match with local tax would be OK for me. Wasn't thrilled with base + shipping + tax but if you need/want it now, that's what you get.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
When I bought my hitch receiver I printed out the price at Bernardi (super cheap but not the shipping cost because it was so heavy) and I had my local Honda dealer match their price (before shipping). Saved a bunch of $ this way. You may want to see if your local dealer will price match. As long as it's over invoice I think they would with printed documentation.

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,420 Posts
When I bought my hitch receiver I printed out the price at Bernardi (super cheap but not the shipping cost because it was so heavy) and I had my local Honda dealer match their price (before shipping). Saved a bunch of $ this way. You may want to see if your local dealer will price match. As long as it's over invoice I think they would with printed documentation.
As I mentioned in my above post, My nearest dealership agreed to 20% off. I know of one 150 miles from me that will do 30%. I know another that flat out said no, as if the others were doing something bad, lol. Just gotta ask.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts