Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

What are the best organizational accessories you have found to be most efficient with our '12 to '15 pilots? I'm referring to things like organizers that add cubbies or pouches for books, tissue boxes, small items, etc? It doesn't matter what row they would go in or the trunk. There are so many options on online and it would be great to create a collection of what has worked best for most people. Thanks!

·
Registered
122 Posts
1. The center console, under the accordion part, way in the front under the center stack fits a package of wipes nicely.
2. My pilot did not come with the coin storage that fits in this same section so I purchased one.
2. Honda Tow Kit including tongue, ball and a 7 to 4 pin adapter fits nicely in its case in the under floor storage along with a pair of jumper cables.
3. Medical kit, spare lugs and tow straps fit nicely into the storage compartment located all the way in the back and to the left.

I don't store much in it.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
That left rear compartment has the trailer hitch and the electrical 7x4 adapter. It also has spare bulbs, a small air compressor, a real flashlight, a couple large trash bags (poncho, ground cloth, etc.), some work gloves.

Under the rear deck there are spare wiper blades, a car cover, a block of wood (4x8 by about 10" long) to use under the too-short factory jack. There's an inexpensive 1/2"-drive torque wrench and protected socket for lug nuts, a cargo net, small roll of red mechanic's rags.

In the luggage area there's a three-compartment "trunk organizer" with one compartment collapsed. It it lives a soft tool bag that holds an assortment of tie-downs and bungee cords, plus gloves. There's a first-aid kit, a roll of paper towels, a bunch of rubber gloves, a tube of hand cleaner, some bottled water.

In the winter there's a kids-sized snow shovel along with a box of cable chains, short-handled ice scraper and long scraper with brush.

Behind the second row of seats on the floor there are three mover's pads folded and rolled, suitable for interior protection and as blankets in a pinch.

Front console under the sliding lid has the manuals package, plus a couple hats and some paper napkins. Under the armrest is a minim comfort kit with Aleve and Advil, Tums, Imodium. A plastic can with change and bills, a tape measure. There are a few mini-flashlights, a battery pack for the cell phone, a power distro block and charging cables for the various available toys I might carry. Plus another couple hats, extra prescription glasses and sunglasses in cases.

There's no loose "stuff", and everything has a place. Door cubbies are empty, except I stage water bottles there for extended trips with passengers.

---

We don't have or carry kids in the car, and for the most part the passenger load is white-hairs like us. They've learned not to litter in the car, and are generally good about wiping their feet before entering and not slamming the doors.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I taped a plastic pocket onto the inside of the center console cover to store my registration and insurance documents. I have hooks that connects to the headrest to hang take our or backpacks. I have a empty icebreaker's gum in the front console to hold quarters in. I also put the owner's manual in one of the rear trunk compartments so that I free up the glove box for things I need more like winter/work gloves, flashlight, etc.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Lets see... only storage accessories are pocket organizers on backs of driver and passenger seats. The rear left storage space got some rope, bungee cords, large trash bags, roll of paper towels. Under-floor space I got jumper cables, kickstarter (from the days when my battery was dying), flashlight etc.
Center armrest, I got an AC inverter mounted, and also store various USB cables there.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Here is a good organizer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts