Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't mean to blow my own horn, but this has to be the best looking Pilot I have seen...

Attachments

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nice wheels!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
MG Pilot said:
I don't mean to blow my own horn, but this has to be the best looking Pilot I have seen...

SILVER!!!! Gotta love it!!!! :10:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Those rims sure do look nice but I wouldn't want to have paid for them nor be the one trying to keep them looking as good as they do in the picture. As for blowing your own horn you and Kemo may want to hookup. lol

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:confused: how does a clear nose mask look and where can you purchase it? The 3M brand? does it come preformed for the pilot?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
sblvro said:
:confused: how does a clear nose mask look and where can you purchase it? The 3M brand? does it come preformed for the pilot?
Hi sblvro...
Welcome!
Check this thread out for 3M info.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looking really sharp MGPilot !!
How's the wheel upgrade in terms of ride quality, handling, braking, overall stability, etc...How's the road noise with those tires that are wider ?
Congratulations !!
Thanks,

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:) great info! thanks!

·
Registered
393 Posts
toot toot:rolleyes:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Those wheels compliment the silver very well. However, I'm partial to this look...(toot-toot) ;)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Very Cool!

Hi MG Pilot...

Very coolio ride my friend. Bet you get plenty of second looks with that color and those wheels. Thanks for sharing!

Don

·
Registered
146 Posts
17s are kinda small for an suv, don't you think???:D

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In retrospect, I would not have wasted my money on new wheels. And yes, I do consider it a waste at this point. The ride on the OEM tires and wheels was just fine. In fact, I find the ride on the 17s to be a tad rough...just my opinion. Plus, when I go to sell the Pilot down the road, do you think anyone is going to care about the cool looking wheels to the point I could recoup some of my money??? Probably not.

·
Registered
47 Posts
MGPilot,
you're confusing me know !!! what really motivated you to do the upgrade ? Will you reverse it if you could - with no monetary implications ?
Do you think the harshness might be due to the tires or eider wheels ?
Thanks,

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ffiallo said:
MGPilot,
you're confusing me know !!! what really motivated you to do the upgrade ? Will you reverse it if you could - with no monetary implications ?
Do you think the harshness might be due to the tires or eider wheels ?
Thanks,
I think it is a combo of several things...wider, high performance tires, wider wheels, non-hubcentric wheels. There is just more rubber and wheel on the road. Hence, you feel every little bump. Had I gone with a more "SUV-friendly" tire, things might have been different. Don't get me wrong, the look is smokin'. But, I don't care for the ride harshness.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
looks real cool dude.....shah bash ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
03 Accord

MG
How do you like your Accord? I was going to buy a Pilot, but looks
like I will just go with the Accord for now/

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: 03 Accord

dirkpitt said:
MG
How do you like your Accord? I was going to buy a Pilot, but looks
like I will just go with the Accord for now/
So far, so good. We've had it for about 2 months now. If there is a better family sedan out there with a V6 for a comparable price, I would like to know what it is. The V6 is very powerful and very smooth. My parents own a 2001 V6 sedan. The new model is much, much improved overall. You can’t go wrong with the 2003 Accord.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts