Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody:

I am just curious about what gas station you usually visit and the reason behind it. For me, in California, I prefer Union 76 because it is now serving gas with NO MTBE..

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
bjsub said:
Hi Everybody:

I am just curious about what gas station you usually visit and the reason behind it. For me, in California, I prefer Union 76 because it is now serving gas with NO MTBE..
Looks to be about the same as this poll on gas brand.

We get little/no choice on oxygenated fuel here in Colorado. Winter months=oxy fuel=poor mileage. :(

YMMV

·
Registered
483 Posts
bjsub said:
Hi Everybody:

Most mechanics suggest using Chevron because of the Techron additive, they say this does help reduce clogged fuel injectors.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Gotta level with ya: My only real loyalty is to whoever has the lowest $$$.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:D the pilot brand

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Ziploc said:
Me too - as in Sam's. Currently $1.389 here in the Sweetheart City!!

YMMV

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
lowest price and accessibility from home....

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Usually Diamond Shamrock or Texaco, probably because they are easily accessible and tend to give better performance than the discount gas.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Ziploc said:
Here here, Ziploc. The lowest price wins in my book. By the way, the lowest price I've seen this week was $1.55. That price is down more than $0.50 from it's high point about 2 months ago.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
I try to avoid the gas stations that have signs that read, "Clean Restrooms" because it takes too much time out of my schedule to park the Pilot and grab the mop & pail to go clean it... :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
smurray said:
Here here, Ziploc. The lowest price wins in my book. By the way, the lowest price I've seen this week was $1.55. That price is down more than $0.50 from it's high point about 2 months ago.
I can tell you that my favorite gas station--if I lived an hour closer--would be a little Mom & Pop place near Hagerstown, MD....FULL SERVE for $1.39 this past Saturday. :eek:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
kemosabe said:
I try to avoid the gas stations that have signs that read, "Clean Restrooms" because it takes too much time out of my schedule to park the Pilot and grab the mop & pail to go clean it... :D :D :D
Now, that's what I call self service !!! ;)

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Amoco

I had a 1982 Subaru that was very fuel sensitive. It was incredible how differently it performed depending on the quality of the gasoline. After much trial an error with that car, I finally arrived at Amoco, and stuck with it ever since. Through three cars and over 400,000 miles, I've never had a fuel related problem.

I gave one of my cars to a motorhead friend who pulled the heads off and he couldn't believe how clean they were. He was convinced the heads had to have been rebuilt within 137K mi. (they were original).

I think we're still required to use an oxygenating additive here in the NY metro area, but I don't know if it's MTBE.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Do any of you tink a specific fuel can affect fuel economy....that one might might lead to more MPG over another brand? My car runs fine....just thirsty. Any thought that a better brand might get me more miles?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm a fan of the Flying J. Good quality Conoco fuel, and about as inexpensive as I can find. I fill up here for both my Pilot, and my Ford F250 Surper Duty diesel.

·
Registered
483 Posts
my3kids said:
Do any of you tink a specific fuel can affect fuel economy....that one might might lead to more MPG over another brand? My car runs fine....just thirsty. Any thought that a better brand might get me more miles?
I tink it does matter. Higher quality gas will not gum the injectors as quickly and should reduce the sludge in the bottom of your gas tank. I can't tell you how much better fuel economy you would get from better gas because I wouldnt put the cheap stuff in my car to test this but I'm sure there would be a slight increase in gas mileage.

In short, me tinks its better to go with the good stuff!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts