Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my new Pilot soon and am looking to add some stainless side steps. The info I've found in this forum and the MDX forum suggest that the Manik steps (part #489154TSP) are pretty good.

Can anyone suggest other stainless steps that are worth considering? :8:

Where do you suggest I look for the best deal? :8:

_________________

Redrock EX-L - coming soon
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
I was thinking about getting some side steps also. I found a site that sells the stainless steel Manik bars for $399.95 here at BestDarnParts.com.

- shutrbug

(Standard disclaimer: I have no experience with the bars or the company.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The best price I have seen so far is $387.95 including shipping :) at PerformanceProducts.Com

They state that there is a 3-year/36,000-mile limited warranty but I believe they mean the powder coated ones. I think that the stainless have a lifetime guarantee against rusting.

___________________________

Redrock Pearl EX-L -- coming soon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Westin side steps

I found that Westin makes several steps that will fit the Pilot. See Westinautomotive.com for details.

Their Oval Tube steps uses extruded aluminum (see picture). The part # is 22-0050 for chrome (~$269) with mount kit part # 22-1205 ($89).

Their Signature series is steel. The part # is 25-2250 for chrome (~$369).

Their Platinum Series bars are stainless steel with either chrome or a powder coat overtop. The part # is 26-2255 for chrome. The price for these is about $379

They also make several models in powder coat.

I noted that while the above offer lifetime warranties, the fine print excludes "damage from road hazards like gravel". In other words, good luck claiming them when they rust from stone chips. That said, hopefully the stainless wouldn't rust.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
shutrbug said:
I was thinking about getting some side steps also. I found a site that sells the stainless steel Manik bars for $399.95 here at BestDarnParts.com.

- shutrbug

(Standard disclaimer: I have no experience with the bars or the company.)
Anyone have prior experience with this retailer? I like their prices on the Manik real light guards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
You'll be surprise!!!

You'll be surprise when you see the picture I will post from my Nissan Pathfinder 2000 with the same brand name side step.
Within a new month you'll going to say wtf I waste $ on this p/o/s side step.
I will have to find my pictures somewhere in my computer, don't have the suv right, sold it before getting the Pilot. The new owner told it right off the same day we signing the sale paper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
Re: You'll be surprise!!!

Res-Pilot said:
You'll be surprise when you see the picture I will post from my Nissan Pathfinder 2000 with the same brand name side step.
Within a new month you'll going to say wtf I waste $ on this p/o/s side step.
I will have to find my pictures somewhere in my computer, don't have the suv right, sold it before getting the Pilot. The new owner told it right off the same day we signing the sale paper.
Is this in reference to the Manik or Westin side steps?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
Here it is

This side step was installed on April 2000, and the picture was took on summer of 2000 it's about two or three month, why waste $300 for that p/o/s site step, as you can see, now it time for you to make a decision, picture tell everything about the manik quality less than a year.
GOOD LUCK
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Here it is

Res-Pilot said:
This side step was installed on April 2000, and the picture was took on summer of 2000 it's about two or three month, why waste $300 for that p/o/s site step, as you can see, now it time for you to make a decision, picture tell everything about the manik quality less than a year.
GOOD LUCK
Ouch! :(

I can't see too much from the shadows, but it looks like the bars are rusted pretty good around the steps.

Please confirm who the manufacturer was, and if you know, what the model was. I presume they were powder coated or painted steel. Do you know what they were made of?

Did you try to claim on the warranty?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
Manik and a life time warrant

Remember guys, "Life Time Warranty" meaning it take you another life time to fight to win the case or should I say; Once you pay the shop or the place where you purchase it, you on your own and "Life Time Warranty" is no long valid. Why? because the shop will say "Oh you have to deal with the vendor" and the Vendor going to say, "Oh, you have to deal with the shop where you purchase it from". The best play to get your accessories, is the DEALER where the warranty meant warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
chrome side steps

I just placed my order for an 04' Pilot Midnight Blue. I really want the Chrome side steps. I thiught that they were Honda Accessories. My sales person is checking but he has no information on the 04' accessories. Can anybody tell me if Honda has chrome side streps? I'm not sure if my dealer will install them if they are not.

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
Re: chrome side steps

vondi said:
I just placed my order for an 04' Pilot Midnight Blue. I really want the Chrome side steps. I thiught that they were Honda Accessories. My sales person is checking but he has no information on the 04' accessories. Can anybody tell me if Honda has chrome side streps? I'm not sure if my dealer will install them if they are not.

Thanks!
check out Tim's stuff at www.hondacuraworld.com. He has the chrome plated aluminum sidesteps. There's no pic but here's the link:

http://www.hondacuraworld.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=08L33-S9V-100B&Category_Code=HP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Yes, I ordered the OEM chrome side steps from Tim and they looked great on my SBP Pilot. Of course, I think you can get better deals with other brands.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
newbie said:
Yes, I ordered the OEM chrome side steps from Tim and they looked great on my SBP Pilot. Of course, I think you can get better deals with other brands.
Can you post some pix of the oem chrome ss? I have been trying to get a peek at them but I haven't been able to track one down. I am still undecided between ss or running boards for my Pilot that I just ordered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Yes I will, as I promised in the other thread too. I just put them on thursday. I did take the pictures yesterday but then I left my camera at a friend's house. I will get it back and hopefully you will see them by tomorrow evening.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
newbie said:
Yes I will, as I promised in the other thread too. I just put them on thursday. I did take the pictures yesterday but then I left my camera at a friend's house. I will get it back and hopefully you will see them by tomorrow evening.
Boy, can't wait to see the shining pix of that ss installation on your pilot..:20: Thx!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
pilot04

Hi, pilot04, I post the pictures at the other thread. I'm sure you know what I mean ;) Hope that helps you to make the decision...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
newbie, that really looks nice and I am definetly leaning towards the ss. Just need to convince the other half since it will be her suv.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top