Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attempted to get a new battery for my old girl at Costco but was told they didn't have a single battery for my 2005 Honda Pilot in the state of Maryland. Any suggestions for a good battery that doesn't have any extra bells and whistles. I only drive her a few miles a week.

Thanks and Happy Driving, Piloteers!

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,320 Posts
Since Johnson Control no longer makes the nEverStart. I going Duracell from Sam's Club or Batteries + Bulbs.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,196 Posts
No battery that will work in all of maryland? No wonder why I don't go thru Maryland! - J/K, I'm sure it's a nice place.

No battery to fit? What is it, a Diesel powered Delorean w/ Rotary engine? LOL

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,320 Posts
No battery that will work in all of maryland? No wonder why I don't go thru Maryland! - J/K, I'm sure it's a nice place.

No battery to fit? What is it, a Diesel powered Delorean w/ Rotary engine? LOL
Flux Capacitors in high demand but short supply.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Walmart USA has a great battery program. I buy over there Pre-Covid. They scan your battery and if it shits the bed before warranty is up you bring it back, no receipt needed and replace or prorate-replace with a gift card and you just go get another one off the shelf. Here in Canuckistan not like that at all, the warranty is shit and trying to claim it you need a legal degree and all original receipts etc. Stupid.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Walmart USA has a great battery program. I buy over there Pre-Covid. They scan your battery and if it shits the bed before warranty is up you bring it back, no receipt needed and replace or prorate-replace with a gift card and you just go get another one off the shelf. Here in Canuckistan not like that at all, the warranty is shit and trying to claim it you need a legal degree and all original receipts etc. Stupid.
Welcome to the Machine

Reactions: plplplpl and aggrex

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
LOVE PINK FLOYD!!! and Hendrix and Zeppelin, and Skynyrd, and Stones, and Aerosmith, and...the list goes on 😊👍👍. Sorry...having a flashback 😊. Ohhh.... did I tell ya I saw Elvis when I was a kid?? It’s all true.
Nice! Well, While we're on the subject ;), When I was attending UT Austin in the late 70's/early 80's- I saw 'Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble', and the his brothers band 'The Fabulous Thunderbirds' at many little bars and halls in and around the Austin area! Talked with them, etc.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,860 Posts
Since Johnson Control no longer makes the nEverStart. I going Duracell from Sam's Club or Batteries + Bulbs.
What? Since when? Why, oh why? Who makes them now?

Flux Capacitors in high demand but short supply.
View attachment 142466
I really like that analog plutonium meter.

😊👍👍. Sorry...having a flashback 😊.
I get those, too. Must be all the acid I dropped in the sixties.

Nice! Well, While we're on the subject ;), When I was attending UT Austin in the late 70's/early 80's- I saw 'Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble', and the his brothers band 'The Fabulous Thunderbirds' at many little bars and halls in and around the Austin area! Talked with them, etc.
Visiting a friend doing a Master's at UT Austin in 1990, I have three happy memories from that trip: the happenin' bar and club scene, pig sandwiches, and a concept until then unknown to me, The Beer Barn drive-thru.

Saw the Stones twice in NY, The Who in Toronto, Roxy Music in Montreal, Pink Floyd's The Wall by Roger Waters et al. in Berlin the summer after the wall came down there, Paul McCartney in Tokyo, The Cure in Paris, Simple Minds in Zurich, the B-52s in Montreal and NYC, among others, and my daughter at Carnegie Hall.

I think I also saw Elvis at a Dunkin' Donuts, unless that was the acid playing tricks on my mind again. :)

Back on topic, here's my recent battery saga. And don't forget the dielectric grease for the terminals; how much you slather on depends on how generous you're feeling. :D

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L
314 Posts
Last I checked, pretty much all lead acid batteries are made by only 3 plants, and in the end there really isn't much difference in design between all of them, so pick one from some place that offers a nationwide warranty (which they pretty much all do). My personal preference that I've used for all my prior vehicles is Interstate.

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL- 227,700 Miles
831 Posts
Maaann... That’s Really Kool!! Never got to chat with any band members but Saw SRV at Memphis in May ‘91. His hand were a blur !!

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL- 227,700 Miles
831 Posts
What? Since when? Why, oh why? Who makes them now?

I really like that analog plutonium meter.

I get those, too. Must be all the acid I dropped in the sixties. View attachment 142474

Visiting a friend doing a Master's at UT Austin in 1990, I have three happy memories from that trip: the happenin' bar and club scene, pig sandwiches, and a concept until then unknown to me, The Beer Barn drive-thru. View attachment 142476 View attachment 142477

Saw the Stones twice in NY, The Who in Toronto, Roxy Music in Montreal, Pink Floyd's The Wall by Roger Waters et al. in Berlin the summer after the wall came down there, Paul McCartney in Tokyo, The Cure in Paris, Simple Minds in Zurich, the B-52s in Montreal and NYC, among others, and my daughter at Carnegie Hall.

I think I also saw Elvis at a Dunkin' Donuts, unless that was the acid playing tricks on my mind again. :)

Back on topic, here's my recent battery saga. And don't forget the dielectric grease for the terminals; how much you slather on depends on how generous you're feeling. :D

Bro!!! You have been around!! Hope you got some Texas Brisket while there 😊👍👍. KILLER GROUPS TOO!! Sooooo..the acid stuff....could that be the reason your name stutters??? 😉😊 LOL

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.