Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a joke, although it may sound like one in the end.

Long Beach Honda has an ad on Saturday's LA Times which mentions Pilots being discounted. So, out of mere curiosity, I gave the dealership a call and asked for Sales......

I did mention the ad, and the guy proudly exclaimed, "Yes, we are selling the Pilot under MSRP." So I asked how much under MSRP? He said "$1.00 under MSRP."

To some this may be an insult, but hey, at least you can now say that you purchased the Pilot under MSRP.

:rolleyes: :D :confused: :2:

·
Registered
12 Posts
The trick: Long Beach Honda adds accessories to all of their Pilots and charges up the wazoo for them.

We did actually go down there because we had a good buying experience when we helped to purchase my parent's Honda Odyssey. At the time of our visit, there were no Nighthawk Black Pearl Pilots in stock, so of course the salesperson got our information and told us he'd call us when one came in. Of course, we didn't hold our breath and continued shopping the internet and via phone and found the car we wanted.

MMM

·
Registered
11 Posts
I suggest you look elsewhere. I ended up buying my Pilot from them at near MSRP (MSRP + $200) but only after hours of haggling. I was lured by their below-MSRP Internet price but once I got there they started with the BS perma plate and other such garbage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got mine below MSRP.

I just got my WHITE EX cloth for $600 under MSRP. I live in Southern CA

I'm really excited and thrilled. Have not seen a single White Pilot yet, other than my own.

Most dealers are quoting MSRP initially, although one dealer still wanted $5000 above MSRP. When we laughed, the salesman said the price is negotiable. Boy, oh, boy...

Penguin

·
Registered
28 Posts
Penguin,

Just out of curiosity, did you buy your white EX cloth at Hardin Honda in Anaheim? If so, they quoted me $500 under MSRP on a white EX cloth. I asked them to fax me the VIN# along with the price and their signature. They called me back and gave me some BS story about how a rat chewed through the wiring harness. They said, "The vehicle is here and we'll still sell it to you for $500 under MSRP." Needless to say, I went with the MSRP deal at my local dealer. My Pilot is scheduled to be built early this week.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Penguin and Gordo.....

That's great to hear!

What dealer did you go to? I have another friend interested in a Pilot.

Were there any forced options? Or did you an EX with no options at all?

Thanks....

·
Registered
244 Posts
Phoenix Ad

The ad in the paper was for Showcase Honda on Camelback. It just said it was an EX for $19XX below MSRP. No other details on the ad as to color, options, how many, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts