Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to vent, I want a smooth riding honda:
to take it to the dealer, I have to take the s-vcm off and the tech's can't feel what I feel when I have it(s-vcm) on to know that the car isn't as smooth of a ride as they think, but I know better, this ride is HORRIBLE. took it back to the dealer 1-16 and they did a road force balance, problem still not solved, the problem seems exaggerated, when the s-vcm isn't installed.

what else can be done? could it possibly be the driveshaft? as described in SB #14-078, they did do the pcm update previously, no they did not replace the propeller shaft
also they won't let me talk to the tech prior to the work.

I am very frustrated

I think this will be my last honda

SB #14-078 can be found here: VCM TSB - Jan. 2015 PCM Update, Driveshaft replacement

·
Registered
120 Posts
Have you taken it to another Honda dealer? Good service seems to be hit or miss. There are only two Honda dealers where I live. One has awful service and sales (the one closer to my house) and the other one offers awesome sales and service.

I also have a 2015 Touring and I feel your pain. I just tolerate the VCM (not sure what the S is). Knowing its operating the way they say its supposed to.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Disable VCM--see other threads in this forum. It eliminates the vibration, bumps and thumps when transitioning to/from 4 or 3 cyl mode, which for FWD models is annoying enough. For those with AWD, from posts it mitigates a LOT of the vibration related to that fussy rear driveline design, with a propeller shaft and mount that has to be just so--and over a wide temperature range and component age-- for it to behave.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am thinking that I'm going to have a diagnostic done on the rear driveline, I am going to deal with the one closest to my home, I have to drive an hour and have to dealer that I purchased it from, this is a headache, I see why Honda has dropped 13th best per consumer reports

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Last resort I hear many members rolled over to the 4Runner and dumped the pilot altogether. This was never resolved by Honda 100% it’s only a band aid to ease the vibration. Some members have managed to reduce the vibration to a minimum.

Reactions: JazzLuva
1 - 5 of 5 Posts