Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2020 Honda Pilot it sometimes makes the beep noise after closing all doors and it sometimes doesn’t and when it doesn’t make a beep noise the remote start also doesn’t work. Anyone knows what the problem is?

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
!
I bought a 2020 Honda Pilot it sometimes makes the beep noise after closing all doors and it sometimes doesn’t and when it doesn’t make a beep noise the remote start also doesn’t work. Anyone knows what the problem is?
Go to vehicle settings and turn off auto door lock and see if it fixes your problem. I dislike this feature.

Reactions: ajeff19

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
857 Posts
You have to press the vehicle lock button on the remote before you press and hold the remote start button. Otherwise the remote start will not work.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
87 Posts
If it doesn't make that single beep noise that means the vehicle did not recognize a key nearby and therefore won't auto lock or walk-away lock. It will make multiple beep noise though. When it does not auto lock then you can't use the remote start feature with the key-fob since the vehicle needs to be locked for the remote start to work. This is per my experience though, I did not read it through the manual.

·
Registered
52 Posts
May not be related to your situation but in earlier model Hondas, deliberitly or accidentally placing would headlight stalk in the high beam position would cause a beep when you exited the car and shut the door.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You have to press the vehicle lock button on the remote before you press and hold the remote start button. Otherwise the remote start will not work.
yes I know and I always do that but it doesn’t work. Thanks tho.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Keep your phone away from your keys. The beeping is telling you the car didn't "see" your keys leaving the car and it won't autolock for you. Or you may have opened up the drivers door before turning off the car.
Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll try doing that and see if that works but what does the phone have to do with the keys? I’m confused.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll try doing that and see if that works but what does the phone have to do with the keys? I’m confused.
Both the phone and key FOB emit RF signals. The phone interferes with the FOB signal and the car doesn’t recognize the FOB signal. This is mentioned (Low Smart Entry Remote Signal Strength) in the owner’s manual.

Also, if the FOB is more than 5 feet from the car and a door or the lift-gate hasn’t yet fully closed, the repeating beep pattern will sound. Also mentioned (Walk away auto lock) in the owner’s manual.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts