Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2003 pilot (250+k miles and going strong) has a new beeping we've never heard. Beeps from the dash with or without keys in. single beep about one per every 2 seconds. sounds like a cell phone battery dying. Made sure there were no phones hidden in the car. Tried disconnecting the battery, but didn't reset the audio system which we thought could be a cause. ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm now having a similar issue, which has never happened before. A 2012 Honda Pilot with 80k ish miles. Constant beep with or without key in. It's hard to pinpoint, but it sounds like it's coming from directly behind the fuel gauge or speedometer. Very little on this that I can find online. Anybody have any ideas? No cell phones lost, no aftermarket additions, never had the problem before, vehicle works great otherwise. It's present while driving in every gear. It's not the same beep as the seatbelt/start beep. It's shorter and higher pitched. And both happen concurrently.

·
Registered
2005 Pilot LX
2,336 Posts
Does the 2012 Pilot have a headlight chime?
If the problem is easily reproducible while the Pilot is not being driven you can pull fuses one at a time to isolate which circuit is the culprit. Let us know which circuit it is and we’ll see what advice there is to offer.
And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you. Lurking for years.

There is a headlight chime if you leave them on, turn off the key, and open the door. That is a much more melodic, two chord "ding ding." The persistent beep keeps going regardless of any other warning beeps. It's not interrupted by starting or stopping the engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Annnnd...while typing up a thanks for the circuit board suggestion, it just stopped on its own. Car was off and key was out when it stopped. This was a couple of minutes after checking to see if I have a headlight chime per the message above.

For posterity for any others that see this, it beeped for at least two hours that we know of as it was beeping when the Mrs. went out to drive it this morning. She drove it for 45 minutes or so and I've been sitting in the car trying to diagnose at least that long. It beeped under every scenario I could give it shy of the circuit board check.

The beeping had an almost inperceptable weakening before it went out. Almost as if an on board battery may have died, but that is just a guess.

Strange mystery beep.

My only suggestion to those that have this problem is...turn up the radio!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Could it possibly be a warning for a battery back up starting to fail? A battery that prevents information loss. This is just a guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts