Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well done! I went with the S-VCM two years ago after buying my 2011. I liked the temperature bypass feature and it just seemed like the best value of the VCM disabler options. It was a tight fit for my chunky hands to reach in and push the connectors together but overall a simple install.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
I've already installed this product on our Pilots. But I had to see your video to see how much it might have, well, you know.

It didn't - well you know.

It was good, short, straight to the point. Why can't they all be this good.
Nicely done.

Reactions: gnafrada

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,275 Posts
Good and useful vid, and probably more useful an install than the turn signals in one of your previous videos, whose lights somehow remind me of Elaine dancing on Seinfeld. :D

Just a friendly tip: Try to get a better camera angle so the viewer can see the actual work being done rather than just the back of your hands a lot of the time.

I say this as as as friendly constructive comment, because I think a lot of people really enjoy your videos. Keep it up. (y)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good and useful vid, and probably more useful an install than the turn signals in one of your previous videos, whose lights somehow remind me of Elaine dancing on Seinfeld. :D

Just a friendly tip: Try to get a better camera angle so the viewer can see the actual work being done rather than just the back of your hands a lot of the time.

I say this as as as friendly constructive comment, because I think a lot of people really enjoy yours videos. Keep it up. (y)
Thanks for the tip. Will definitely keep that in mind.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD Black
27 Posts
Can you post the link of where you got yours?

These don't mess with cooling your engine down any does it? Just makes all 6 cylinder run all the time correct?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does not mess with cooling your engine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The video was great and simple.
I have yet to get an SVCM for my wife’s 2020 Pilot, do you guys feel it’s easy enough to take it out and put back in when you go in for service without eventually damaging the plastic connectors ? I have always done lots of my own work on our vehicles , but at times now I have health issues that can keep me from always doing the work myself. We bought an extended warranty when we got the Pilot and we don’t want to take a chance of it being discovered if we have to take it in.
Thanks for any input.
I have read lots of great info on this forum, but I need to introduce myself still in a post and get involved. I’ve just been lurking around till now 😎.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The video was great and simple.
I have yet to get an SVCM for my wife’s 2020 Pilot, do you guys feel it’s easy enough to take it out and put back in when you go in for service without eventually damaging the plastic connectors ? I have always done lots of my own work on our vehicles , but at times now I have health issues that can keep me from always doing the work myself. We bought an extended warranty when we got the Pilot and we don’t want to take a chance of it being discovered if we have to take it in.
Thanks for any input.
I have read lots of great info on this forum, but I need to introduce myself still in a post and get involved. I’ve just been lurking around till now 😎.
Yes, very easy.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,042 Posts
Nice job!
You should share the video on other PROP* Honda forums..
* Pilot Ridgeline Od

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
87 Posts
Finally installed S-VCM to my 2020 Pilot BE. This is the first time that I've done a modification like this, the closest I've come near the engine is to change the engine filter so this is definitely a milestone for my inner mechanic.. (LOL). It's not hard at all for inexperienced newbie like me and this video really helped a lot.. Thanks and hoping for thousands of miles for my Pilot..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts