Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took my 2019 Pilot EX-L on the beach for the first time this weekend and it was great. I just air downed to 17, put it in sand mode and put it in low. Zero problems but a lot of stares from all the Jeep and Ford owners.

·
Registered
16 Posts
May I ask which beach? We have driven on the beach in the outer banks with a Ford Explorer but I’d like to try it with my EXL AWD 2019 Pilot. You say you aired down to 17 PSI? Sand mode? Why L and not D? Do you turn of traction control? Thanks!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Some other recent discussions about this:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
May I ask which beach? We have driven on the beach in the outer banks with a Ford Explorer but I’d like to try it with my EXL AWD 2019 Pilot. You say you aired down to 17 PSI? Sand mode? Why L and not D? Do you turn of traction control? Thanks!
This is Smiths Points Long Island, NY. Yes, I was 17 one time and 18 yesterday. I put in D to force me to stay 10 MPH which is the speed limit. I wanted to take it easy and I felt if I went faster, I would bounce around and scrap my bottom. The traction control turns off when you put it in sand mode. It was great, never bogged down, never got stuck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts