Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I wish I found this board priror to buying our Pilot which we have not taken delivery of yet! I will be on the lookout for all the problems listed here on this board(thanks for the heads up, expect the same treatment from me)! Paid the g over list(Damn) but went for the EXL with the DVD player. Silver no other options as of yet. We pick it up on mon. 8/12

Greenwich CT. dealer offered this plan that if our Pilot was stolen they would pay the difference on top of what the insurance company paid us at the time to enable us to buy that year Pilot or equivilent. Sounds like a no brainer, adds like $10 month to payments. Did anybody else get this from their dealer? The plan is for 5 years only no options!

Second, does the radio work (FM,AM Whatever) if a DVD is playing? Headphones come into play at all? Just curious. Forgot to ask.

This will be the wifes vehicle but 109MPH speed limiter gets a little annoying on long trips out West! I'll be looking for a chip manufacturer! It does have a Buck 40 speedo!

Has anyone heard of doing the MDX intake manifold swap for better low end torque? I read that that is the big difference between the 2 motors.

Thanks for all you time, great stuff!

I'm a regular on the BMW board(M6 owner)!

Frank O'Brien NY

·
Registered
797 Posts
Welcome to the board Frank. Have an EX-L so I can not answer the DVD questions. As for the governor, yes it is 109MPH. It is based upon the tires being S Class (112MPH). Looks like Michelin and Pirelli do make H Class tires for replacement. Since I am over here in Germany and we can do whatever speed legally, we all are also on the lookout for a new chip. Keep us posted if you find one. Need to make sure it does not void the warrenty. You can look at some of the other posts about top speeds. It cruises great at a 100MPH, although unlike your BMW it tends to settle comfortably back around 90MPH. You got to keep giving it a little gas to keep it up there or turn on the cruise control. Good luck!

·
Registered
52 Posts
The DVD player and AM/FM coexist just fine. There are wireless headphones for the DVD, and you can have CD, Radio, or Cassete playing through the speakers. Or if you don't want to use the headphones, you can play the DVD through the speakers, then, of course, you can only listen to DVD.

·
Registered
664 Posts
FOB
For your insurance question I would re-read the details. If they are going to pay the difference between the cost of your new Pilot and what the insurance company pays it may be worth looking into. Now the BUT...What if it is wrecked and not stolen? What if it is stolen and recovered...wrecked? Is it the cost difference between the what the insurance pays and what you may still owe to the bank on the loan? (Being upside-down on a vehicle is a major problem these days and insurance companies have been starting to capitalize on this problem.) Lastly, is it worth $120/ yr; $600/total for you piece of mind? Are thefts that big of a problem in your area? In Harrisburg, PA I only personally spoke to two people over 5 years who had a vehicle stolen. I also don't recall reading in the local newspaper of more than two dozen in the same time frame for the area. I would pass on it here.

Just some thoughts for you to check out.

·
Registered
240 Posts
FOB said:

Greenwich CT. dealer offered this plan that if our Pilot was stolen they would pay the difference on top of what the insurance company paid us at the time to enable us to buy that year Pilot or equivilent. Sounds like a no brainer, adds like $10 month to payments. Did anybody else get this from their dealer? The plan is for 5 years only no options!
Sounds like GAP insurance to me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pay out if stolen

That is correct Banningjr, Only if car is not recovered! Not wrecked or anythting else. Not sure with the loan thing. I'll get back to you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts