Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a new engine into my 2006 Pilot. A new alternator was installed along with it. New engine runs great, but my battery warning light just came on. I went to auto parts store and they checked battery and alternator. They said alternator was fine (not surprised) but battery failed. I replaced battery and warning light is still on. I've driven it for 20 miles or so since the warning light came on, no signs of bad alternator, battery is new, what else could it be? Any advice is appreciated. I did notice a corroded engine ground strap which I plan to replace. Not sure where else to look.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,241 Posts
Check all you cables for rust, looseness or corrosion, including at both ends.

Check cables from battery positive, battery negative, and connections to chassis from the engine block. Beyond what has already been mentioned by others it could be loose or corroded wiring.

If necessary, you can get pretty good ones for not too much at Walmart.

Just picked up the $3.96 19” six gauge cable to replace my broken ground cable that never triggered an issue ;) View attachment 137171

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
Check all you cable for rust, looseness or corrosion, including at both ends.

If necessary, you can get pretty good ones for not too much at Walmart.

After engine replacement, this is very likely the cause. Ground cables could be disconnected or missing.
  1. Battery to frame
  2. Engine/starter to frame
  3. Transmission to frame

Reactions: aggrex and PHM

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
So if the OP comes back and says that's not it. What are we going to suggest then? 🤔

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Dielectric slime FTW.

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
Dielectric slime FTW.
Just think of all those poor aliens that died to get enough Dielectric grease for under your hood LOL

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Their sacrifice was not in vain. Their legacy lives on.

·
Registered
9,241 Posts

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
I reckon ya done scared him away for good. Happy Halloween.

But if he be so brave and courageous that he dareth come back, checking connections and checking the voltage would be the tricks that might do him a treat.
I'm completely knackered working these treats. Lol

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
I reckon ya done scared him away for good.
I hope I didn't scare them away. Maybe we didn't respond fast enough and he got the answer somewheres else?

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts