Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just saw this was now available (as I was purchasing a new battery).

Do any of you see an issue with using the Battery Tender OBDII Accessory cable in place of the alligator clips as being an issue? The Battery Tender Plus used is only 1.25amp so I don't see it being an issue with overloading the OBDII port. This seems like a nice alternative to the alligator clips and lack of powered on only cig lighter.

Battery Tender® OBDII Accessory Cable

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,850 Posts
Seems a bit inconvenient to me having to run the cable out the door from under the dash.

This is what I use for my battery tender. Battery Tender® Ring Terminal Accessory Cable One on my Passport and one on the riding mower.

Attached to the battery permanently. Ran the plug to the front grill area on the Passport. Couple of zip ties to attach it discreetly to the grill and tuck it inside. When I need it I just pull the plug out and plug it in.

Just don't forget to unplug it, otherwise you will look like the little old man who forgot to take the gas pump nozzle out of the car.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I extended the ring-terminal leads that came with my maintainer to bring the plug to the base of the windscreen on the driver's side. The maintainer can sit on the windshield there, on the wiper arm, and in clear view as a reminder to disconnect. With the connector there in the cowl by the wiper pivot, easy connect/disconnect without having to pop the hood.

I use CTEK maintainers so the connector is different from the one that Battery Tender uses. The CTEK connector has a protective boot that seals the pins. The CTEK connector is yellow/gray so is pretty visible. I think Battery Tender uses a black-only connector, so easier to hide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts