Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During her oil change check at the dealer, my wife's 2012 Pilot tested as needing a new battery in the near future. The current one we got about 3 years ago at NTB. Honda wanted $120.00 for their battery. Just wanted to see if there's a preferred or recommended battery I should look to get with high CCA and can last us up to another 3 years. I have no issues installing it myself if need be. Thanks!

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have an East Penn Duracell that's been working fine for about 3 yrs now. I prefer EP batteries now because they don't fuzz up at the posts like other batteries I've used. Remember that high CCA means thinner plates and less longevity.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll look into it.

A co-worker actually just mentioned that he had great success with a couple cars using Walmart Everstart Maxx 750 CCA batteries. May look at that as well (seems to be low price).

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Im one of those Walmart brand users and NOT one time I have had an issue with them ...going on to 3 years with the 06 pilot battery ...

Reactions: stuman74

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
A battery from Costco made by Johnson Controls: 4 years no problems cranking, but lots of white powder on top.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,945 Posts
The Honda battery comes with a 100 month prorated warranty. It’s about $130 installed the first time around. They usually last about 4.5 years where I live, then it costs about $90 to get another one installed at the dealership.

·
Administrator
15,513 Posts
Depends in my book on how long you plan to keep it. If two years, buy a battery good for three. I just had to replace a battery on one of our cars. As it's a long term keeper, it got a top quality AGM battery from Napa.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Check back with NTB and see what the replacement cost there would be. Three years is well within warranty for most any decent battery.

Meanwhile... Local Costco carries Interstate batteries for around $100 IIRC. They don't list the Pilot replacement but it's a common size 24 so I dropped one in myself. I had to trim the plastic shield a tad on top (easy with scissors) and it works great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts