Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past few months, I noticed that if I leave the Pilot sit for any more than a few days, the battery goes dead. I have to charge it or boost it and it seems to be fine until the next time it sits parked.

Anyone else have this problem??

Mark

·
Registered
27 Posts
No problem here Mark. Pilot has sat idle in a garage (unheated) here in the North woods of Wisconsin for up to 5 days during the winter. Maybe someone can tell us what the normal static current draw is while vehicle is "off." My recommendation is to see the dealer to check that. Since the battery cable must be removed to check the current drain then you will have to perform the Idle Learn etc once the cable is put back on.
If you can find out what the normal about of current draw should be then you could check it with a ammeter. Course if its out of spec now you have to hunt down the current drain culprit.....:confused:

Chuck
W9NWR

·
Registered
211 Posts
This doesn't sound good ... :(

Now I'm concerned because I'm going away (flying out of town) for a couple of weeks and thought I could just leave the Pilot parked in the garage the whole time. Should I arrange to get it started or driven once every few days while I'm gone? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wouldn't think you would have any worries for a few weeks. If we knew what the alarm systems drew in amps (more like Milliamps in this case) then one could do the math and figure out battery life.
I would go fly and not worry about it.
Chuck

·
Registered
2 Posts
no problems here... I have left it in the garage for over a week couple of times and no problem restarting. Maybe check every thing (doors) are closed and the interior lights aren't left on all the time.

·
Registered
311 Posts
This issue has been discussed before. If memory serves, majority responding felt should go at least two weeks. With less then 3K miles since early Oct 02 mine has had much garage time. I'm guessing the longest it sat without starting was around six weeks last winter when the temps hovered around freezing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts