Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am from dubai using Honda Pilot 2013 model driven 57 k miles recently changed battery but if the car not using 3 days battery completely drain my mechanic checked the dynamo is working perfectly they are got confused.the old battery amps was 70 now i put 80 amps battery is any issue?

·
Registered
744 Posts
You (or your mechanic) need to put an amp meter on the battery to check for draws when car is off. Anything higher than 0.1A (and even that is rather high) indicates a problem.
Then start pulling fuses one at a time until you see a significant drop in the draw. That will identify where the problem is.

·
Registered
753 Posts
SMA has a few great videos giving you a step by step on how to hunt these down and find them. Here's one of them that's really good:

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
If the leakage problem started when you changed the battery, the first place to look is likely that new battery. Next is a hard look at how it was installed. Did the battery cables get reversed at any time during the replacement process?

The battery is known as a size 24F, the same physical size as a Group 24, except the polarity at the posts is swapped.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Hi i am from dubai using Honda Pilot 2013 model driven 57 k miles recently changed battery but if the car not using 3 days battery completely drain my mechanic checked the dynamo is working perfectly they are got confused.the old battery amps was 70 now i put 80 amps battery is any issue?
Based off your story I think you're referring to the old 70 amp alternator replaced with an 80 amp alternator, right? If so that should not cause a problem unless the replacement alternator is defective or installed incorrectly or belt is loose

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I think the OP's reference is to amp-hour capacities in the battery he replaced, rather than alternator capacity.

Using the higher-capacity battery will cause no issues.

·
Registered
2013 Honda Pilot Touring
29 Posts
I was having this issue and it drove me nuts. One day I happened to sit in my pilot (2013 touring, has nav) and heard a quiet spinning sound that didn’t turn off even after a long while. It was in the head unit, so either a fan, the hard drive, or the CD/dvd unit was operating. On a hunch I pulled the fuse that was always on for the audio system (either 17 or 20 I forget) from the under the hood fuse box, and the issue went away completely. I’m not sure what part is always running, but I hope to pull it soon and see if I can tell. Not eager to drop a lot of money on a replacement.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,845 Posts
Sounds like the hard drive. I had a 2013 Touring and would hear a wiring sound when I started the vehicle. Asked the service department about it. They confirmed that the 2013's had disk hard drives. Not sure how easy it is to access as I never had any issues and never got into the head unit or dash. Good luck with the problem.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Could be simple as a dodgy "new" battery. Agree with Bob that a DC current clamp capable of milli-amp resolution should confirm whether there is unusual "sleep" current; generally any sleep draw over 100mA or so is bad. I recall (poorly?) when working on my '12 last year the sleep draw being under 70mA.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts