Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed battery today on 05 Pilot. Entered code to reset radio. It works, as well as the single Cd player in radio, but the
6 disc player just cycles when you start vehicle and when you turn it off. When you press button in radio to go to CD mode
it shows 4 dashes indicating that there are no CD's in changer. It does not give an error code and there are no CD'S in changer.
Just changing battery caused this. Found many other owners on another website that the exact same thing happened to, but no
solutions. Help!

·
Registered
8,584 Posts
It does not give an error code and there are no CD'S in changer.
Just spitballing here, but what happens if you try to insert a CD?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will not accept a CD. If you insert it in a little way and start or turn off vehicle it will eject it.

·
Registered
8,584 Posts
Though without checking the fuse diagram I'd be mildly surprised if the CD changer weren't on the same fuse as the head unit, that would be my next step, checking all the fuses in all four main fuse boxes.

Edit: Actually, here's the Fuse section from the 2005 owner's manual. I'd start by looking at the no.9 20 A Radio fuse in Primary Under-Hood Fuse Box and the no.9 15 A Front Accessory Socket, Radio fuse in the Passenger's Side Interior Fuse Box, but hey, check 'em all while you're at it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone found a solution to this issue? I'm having the exact same problem.

- I had some service done to my 05 pilot, which required the battery to be disconnected.
- I entered my radio code and the head unit works fine.
- The cd changer cycles through the lights every time I turn on/off the vehicle.
- I checked all the fuses and they are all good.
- I read that the head unit and changer can't share the same "ID" for the cd, so I tried pressing the "2" button on the changer when turning car on, according to the instructions in the Honda manual. But that did not help.
- I'm 100% positive there are no CD's or labels in the changer because I've never used it. I just want it to stop going through the power on/off activity.

Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8,584 Posts
Is it also empty, or are some CDs loaded? What happens if you try to insert (or eject, as the case may be) one or more CDs?

·
Registered
8,584 Posts
Check your alternator as well. When mine was going out, the first symptoms, besides the occasional whine matching RPMs, was a gradual cascade of poltergeist-ish electrical issues.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Frankly, if the changer is a separate unit, and you are not using it, I would just unplug it and forget it. CD changers are rather complicated mechanical beasties, and those moving parts tend to wear out after 10 or so years.

·
Registered
8,584 Posts
Have you tried inserting a second CD in a slot that already has one? Sometimes the only way to get a jammed CD out is by piggybacking it onto another CD, then extracting them both together.

·
Registered
8,584 Posts
Might work; otherwise, you may be SOL (Sadly Outta Luck :)): For the CD player, try ejecting each disc one by one while inserting a second CD simultaneously, but after blowing some compressed air in through the slot first.

https://www.walmart.com/c/kp/compressed-air

2006 EX-L w/RES (black)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts