Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I decide to buy a car form a certain dealer, but I have to wait for a few weeks before they can deliver it to me, do I just have to keep a deposit with them or do I have to finalize finances before they order the car for me? I imagine they just keep a deposit until the car is in and then we finalize the paperwork but I just want to make sure.

I would like to sell my current car while I wait for my new Pilot to get to the dealer, so that I can add the value of the car to the downpayment on financing

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
typically they will keep a deposit...but make sure the deposit is not a big amount...som dealers just take $100 hundred or so..but nothing over $1K in my opinion. (I paid $500)

Also pay the deposit by credit card so if there is a problem with teh dealer you can easily dispute the payment.

Best of luck

·
Registered
495 Posts
We put $200 down by credit card until ours came in. The day it arrived, we worked out all of the finance details.

After all was said and done, I had to remind them to credit the $200 back to my credit card... so don't forget to get your deposit credited back after everything gets wrapped up.

BTW... be sure to check out the threads on extended warranty pricing if you plan to get one. Here's one...

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
rtresco said:
We put $200 down by credit card until ours came in. The day it arrived, we worked out all of the finance details.

After all was said and done, I had to remind them to credit the $200 back to my credit card... so don't forget to get your deposit credited back after everything gets wrapped up.

BTW... be sure to check out the threads on extended warranty pricing if you plan to get one. Here's one...
Exact same experience.

$500 deposit.
Finance contract forgot to credit me for $500 deposit.

·
Registered
288 Posts
We left a $500 check that the dealer never deposited and returned to us when we picked up the Pilot.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
My dealer wanted $1000 deposit to find and hold the exact car I wanted. I had confidence in his good faith intentions and ability to deliver, but still made sure I got what I wanted in writing. If I wasn't sure, I wouldn't have done it. He had 30 days to deliver the car according to the agreement. The deposit was ultimately put toward the purchase.

Different dealers and States have different policies and laws protecting you (and the dealer, for that matter). Read the fine print and know your rights. Some places, they do things on a handshake. Here in NY, we prefer to get "lawyered up".

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just ordered an LX this morning. Paid $26,300 (which is 8% over Consumer Repts wholesale minus holdback). $500 deposit by check which they are not to cash. Honda care 7/100/0 for $1300.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
garfish said:
Just ordered an LX this morning. Paid $26,300 (which is 8% over Consumer Repts wholesale minus holdback). $500 deposit by check which they are not to cash. Honda care 7/100/0 for $1300.
Congrats and Welcome. :D

I checked the warranty pricing at curryhondacare.com, and it looks like you got a reasonable price on the warranty.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
jay said:
Congrats and Welcome. :D

I checked the warranty pricing at curryhondacare.com, and it looks like you got a reasonable price on the warranty.
www.hondawarranty.com gives great rates and will send you a email with further discout

1 - 10 of 10 Posts