Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to change my rear downstream o2 sensor (bank 1 sensor 2). I have located the sensor but cannot see where the connection is. Can someone tell me where it is and how to get to it? If you have a picture it would be great.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
O2 Sensor Rear Downstream

Can anyone offer any help?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
You will need to raise the vehicle, get under it and follow the wires from the sensor up to the connector. It is difficult to access from underneath, and VERY difficult from above.

The hardest part of the sensor replacement will be accessing and disconnecting the harness connector.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you 2010exl. Any chance that it connects at the same area as the upstream sensor? I have to remove the bracket bolt to really see it but it looks like it could be there. It is too cold to be out messing with it today.

The exhaust pipe is obstructing my view from below. The wire is blue so I know it has been done before. I just can't follow it from beneath.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Can anyone offer any help?
I was about to jump in and help, but then I realized that I had the dyslexic version of your issue: bank 2, sensor 1. :crazyeye:

https://www.piloteers.org/forums/69-2003-2008-pilot/152866-cel-p2254-code.html#post1536442

One thing I can help point out is to look carefully starting at about the 2:38 point in the video to understand how to depress a small clip you can't see to release it from the metal bracket. I wish I had. I wasted a good 45 minutes of my life before figuring out how to pick that booger.

YouTube

1 - 6 of 6 Posts