Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased my 2006 Honda Pilot it had been in a bad front end collision. I rebuilt the front end and got everything back together quite nicely.
One part that I had an issue with was the wiring harness above the passenger front wheel was mangled in the collision and one of the wires was grounding out to the body or possibly another wire within the "loom/bundle" in the damaged area.
I found the wire (was getting hot) and snipped it "temporarily" (a year ago). It runs to the climate control, and without it the buttons don't all light up, but I have never noticed anything else affected by the wire being cut.

Any idea where that wire was trying to go to down that way so I can redo it?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
Any chance you could just splice in a replacement section with a couple of good butt splice connectors?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,189 Posts
I wonder if that wire went to the ambient temperature sensor. That wouldn’t explain why things don’t light up though.

If you do end up butt splicing the wire as mentioned above additionally seal the splice with adhesive lined heat shrink tubing or get an all-in-one splice plus tubing. It will keep water out of the splice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder if that wire went to the ambient temperature sensor. That wouldn’t explain why things don’t light up though.

If you do end up butt splicing the wire as mentioned above additionally seal the splice with adhesive lined heat shrink tubing or get an all-in-one splice plus tubing. It will keep water out of the splice.
The ambient temperature does work, so I'm guessing that isn't the sensor it goes to. Based on the diagram above it doesn't look to be where the wire loom runs towards.

·
Registered
11,505 Posts
Would any of these images help?

Reactions: plplplpl
1 - 7 of 7 Posts