Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone comment on the backup sensors? Like? Experiences? Worth the money? My wife and I are thinking about adding this feature in the near future.

Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
RTC27 :

They are a great if you have kids running around and while backing at tight spots. I got mine on the net for $360 w/ shipping and my dealer installed them for $130.00.

Good Luck

KE

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks KE

That is a great price, if I may ask where online did you get them?

Rich

·
Registered
919 Posts
When we found our Pilot it already had the backup sensors installed from the dealer. Since I didn't ask for them, we weren't charged for them. Coming from someone who didn't even want them, I must say that they have come in handy. It has allowed me to move a bit close when backing out of tight public parking spots and has even proven valuable in alerting me of a small child that I never saw in a soccer field parking lot. It's not anything magic that couldn't be eliminated by sound driving practices, but it's a nice confirmation tool. All that said, I'm not sure that I would pay $500+ for it on my next vehicle.

Chris

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just follow the ordering instruction on the
web site KEPILOT mentioned. THe group ID
has changed, so e-mail for the new one.
Also, it's not clear what is going to happen
next month, so I recommend ordering before the
end of september to insure the price KEPILOT
mentioned.

·
Registered
311 Posts
cheaper than rearview camera

I have a Pilot with NAV and decided to go with the rearview camera. I paid $500 on the internet and took it to the dealership for a $280 install. Using this approach a camera (for those with a nav) looks to be about 300 more than the sensors.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I added the camera to mine, but wired it differently. I have a tiny toggle switch that will turn the camera on as needed in forward or reverse. Since I have a boat I wanted to be able to check for how straight the boat is on the trailer while pulling out of the water. I also have it so it's with or without backup lights. That way I can see it better day or night. With the switch in the center it works just like it's factory installed, when in reverse. It's a handy little devise!

'03 Pilot EXL with NAVI, Redrock Pearl, chrome, steps, hitch, guards, garnish, camera, fogs, ....
'02 Accord EXL V-6, satin silver, spoiler, tint

·
Registered
900 Posts
Tim at hondaAcuraWorld.com has the Backup Sensor for $371.80 with free shipping it looks like.

·
Registered
21 Posts
backup sensor

You should check out PoronUSA.com. I have the Mini 3LV, but have not installed it yet. Several members of the AcuraMDX.org forum have this brand and say it works very well and is easy to install. One of the members of the forum has a post with pictures of his installation. I got mine for $160 delivered in about 4 days.
If you call and mention that you are part of the AcuraMDX.org or Pilot.org forum you will get $50 off.

·
Registered
262 Posts
havasu said:
Tim at hondaAcuraWorld.com has the Backup Sensor for $371.80 with free shipping it looks like.
HA World charges $371.80 for the sensor alone,
and 143 for the attachment harness. Total is about
$514. KEPILOT and I paid $360 for BOTH delivered.
I had mine installed by the dealer. No problems
recieving/installing.

·
Registered
311 Posts
jctatman said:
I added the camera to mine, but wired it differently. I have a tiny toggle switch that will turn the camera on as needed in forward or reverse. Since I have a boat I wanted to be able to check for how straight the boat is on the trailer while pulling out of the water. I also have it so it's with or without backup lights. That way I can see it better day or night. With the switch in the center it works just like it's factory installed, when in reverse. It's a handy little devise!

'03 Pilot EXL with NAVI, Redrock Pearl, chrome, steps, hitch, guards, garnish, camera, fogs, ....
'02 Accord EXL V-6, satin silver, spoiler, tint
This sounds great. If you have not done so, may I suggest you post this info as a new thread in the accessories section. I recall there were others with NAV that wanted to do this type of thing. How hard is it to do? I had my camera installed at the dealership. Would it take a lot of work to go back in and put the switch in? Also, my camera does not come on unless the nav screen is on - is that the same for you?

·
Registered
173 Posts
camera

I can have my camera on anytime. If the NAV is on then it will switch back & forth as I wish. The little toggle I added is hidden, but easy access. It's down beside the "this is not an ashtray". Forward is canera on, not backup lights, middle is normal operating-in Rev only, back is on with lights. MAybe I'll get the chance to post the instructions & details later.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts