Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The backup sensors have two components: the sensors on the bumper and control unit inside the Pilot.

The sensors are the four black dots across the bumper. The two outside ones are anged outward and the center two point straight back.

When you shift into reverse the system gives you a single beep to let you know it is working. As you approach an object the system will start to slowly beep. The closer you get the faster it beeps until the beeping turns into a steady tone.

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The control unit is in a odd place. It's on the support post in the right rear of the Pilot. It consists of an on/off rocker switch, a green LED power indicator, and, of course, the beeper.

The unit is there so that you can turn the system off if you are towing something or don't want it on for some other reason. The only negative thing I've found with the system is that rainwater can sometimes collect in the sensor units and cause false beeping.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
how hard is the installation?

Hi Chuck, I'm a new member and just got my pilot 2 days ago. Did you install the backup sensor by yourself or had dealer installed for you? If the former, how hard is it and how long does it take?

Thanks,
Henry

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealer installed. My Pilot actually already had this accessory on it before I asked for it. Same thing with the pin striping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts