Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a honda pilot and it only has one key. These are the numbers on the back...

IC: 267T-5WK49308 // FCC ID: KR55WK49308

I am looking to buy an uncut backup key with transponder included inside. Any advice?

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
176 Posts
What number is on the back of the key? 1 or 2? The touring ties all customizable settings to the key. Example, mirror and seat settings that are saved for driver 1 are tied to key 1 and the same thing for 2. But these settings are affected by what key you use to unlock the vehicle. So if you unlock the vehicle with Key 1, but drive it with Key 2, the settings will be the settings for Key 1.

All of the customizable settings that are associated with the driver are tied into that as well like light sensitivity for the automatic headlights and when the doors auto lock, etc. Please check out the manual for a full list of driver specific settings.

To get to the point, once you find out what key you do have, google search for the one you do not have. You cant have two 1 keys for example.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
^^^ this ^^^

Getting the new key to work with the car correctly will very likely involve a trip to the dealer to get everything working just right. You'll need both keys (new and old) together to re-register them to the PCM in the car and the lock module. While there are some great aftermarket options for replacing broken housings and such, those depend on having the guts and NFC chip from the original key to transplant. Sometimes dealers are $ympathetic on this if you do regular business and services with them. It's hard to imagine that a new key, remote and NFC transponder, configured for the car, can cost the same as a new tire. But it can...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much for the great info MZX, rocky, and bob! After doing research, I think it will be best for me to get pricing from the dealer and pricing from a locksmith and go one of those 2 routes. I am the sole driver of my pilot, so the whole driver 1/2 thing doesn't matter to me at all. However, I want all the other functions to work properly just like my current key. I may never even use the spare, I just think it might be wise for me to have one on hand. I want to spend as little as possible and usually do the online purchase and work myself, but this may be one of those times I work with a pro. If you have anymore good advice, I am listening. Thanks again for the info.. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts