Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to the group. I have a question about the backup camera. We have a 2009 Pilot Touring with the backup camera display in the dash above the radio controls. Our backup camera works, but it doesn't have the proximity lines and the depth perception is not very accurate. Is there a way to replace the oem camera with a new camera with proximity lines and better depth perception? If so, what camera can be installed in the oem location and have the lines and better quality? Will a new camera work with the in-dash display? Due to a neck injury, I find the backup camera very helpful. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
751 Posts
The OEM camera is definitely an Alpine. Most likely something like HCE-C125, but that model is discontinued. I recently replaced failed OEM camera in my 2012 with an Alpine HCE-C1100, it fit the factory bracket perfectly. That said, the guide lines in the Pilot are provided by the head unit, not by the camera. HCE-C1100 is just a camera, no lines. If 2009 Touring does not provide those lines, you might want to consider a different brand of camera, one with built-in lines option - but making it fit would be harder.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts