Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I might be because I haven’t driven at night in over a month but tonight when I went in reverse I noticed that my tag lights show up on the camera in the wide screen mode. Is this normal or is something wrong with the camera?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,260 Posts
I know they will in ground view mode, don't remember on wide view mode. If you are seeing the normal wide view of what's behind you then there is probably noting wrong with the camera.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I'd take a look and make sure the camera is still in the correct position. The license plate lamps are at about the same level but forward (in the car) of the rear-facing camera, so you shouldn't ever be able to see them directly.

·
Super Moderator
4,260 Posts
I'd take a look and make sure the camera is still in the correct position. The license plate lamps are at about the same level but forward (in the car) of the rear-facing camera, so you shouldn't ever be able to see them directly.
Yes, no, maybe. Hard to tell the position since we don't know what year Pilot the OP has. My 2013 the camera was at the same level as the backup lights If I remember correctly since it was the gen 2 squared model.

·
Super Moderator
4,260 Posts
That's how my 2013 wide view looked. All is normal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts